Top 100 Songs Part 6 | Teen Ink

Top 100 Songs Part 6

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

50, I Am The Black Wizards-Emperor, coming from a variety of the bands albums like Wrath of the Tyrant and In the Nightside Eclipse this six minute track is what you may call, true black metal(other than the fact that it isn't Satanic, that's pretty common for black metal). I do find other Emperor songs to be better though hence why it's here.

49, 2112-Rush, the title track for the 1976 album and the longest Rush track ever created. Standing at a total of 20:40 it takes up more than half of the album which is about 38 minutes in length. Including a total of seven parts each of which is about 2:30 minutes averaging it out. A massive track that if you have a short attention span, don't listen to it.

48, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence-Dream Theater, the longest Dream Theater track ever created is the last track off of their 2001 album of the same name. It's so massive they made an entire second disk for this one song. This is also the longest song I know standing at a total of 42 minutes, I know it's pretty long. This also follows the story of the Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence unlike the rest of the tracks with The Test That Stumped Them All being a seperate track later on and the most famous part of the song.

47, Benighted-Opeth, one of the shorter tracks off of Opeth's fourth album, Still Life, this is mostly instruments but Mikeal Akerfeldt does sing some mostly towards the end of the song which then has the album get back on a darker note with the story of Mellinda. Beautiful is the word to describe this track.

46, Telos-Betweem the Buried and Me, the ninth track off of The Parallax 2, this is about how the character Prospect Two was wanting Prospect One to join him in the destruction of the universe. Meanwhile we have Prospect Two's wife at her final moments writing a letter to reach her husband and says her final words, "Goodbye to Everything."

45, 2 Out of 7-Edguy, power metal has never been more rediculous until Edguy has come into existance. Coming from the Age of the Joker album in 2012, this is supposed to be a love song of sorts but it isn't meant to be taken seriously because Toby is crazy. In the last chorus they even had the lines " what the f**k, suck my c**k. I'm only a seven out of twelve. It comes right out nowhere too.

44, Super Villan-Powerman 5000, one of the singles to PM5K's Somewhere On the Otherside of Nowhere album this is a catchy song with industrial sounds and heavy metal style riffing. More of a hard band, yes, but I loved these guys.

43, Stench of Redemption-Deicide, coming off of the album with the same name, Deicide have don it once again with this song with a less than stellar album cover. Death Metal has never been quite as good as the masters of the genre, and Deicide is one of those masters.

42, Twisted Mind-Avantasia, the first track off of the Scarecrow, this begins with one of the heaviest power metal riffs ever concieved and then builds apon that in about six minutes. This has to do with someone with either a crippled or chaotic mind and is in the crazy house because of this. The thing is, they were born with this problem and thus had to suffer. Granted this album doesn't follow a specific story but that's what I got from the lyrics.

41, The Holy Grail-Blind Guardian, on the topic of power metal, Blind Guardian's newest album Beyond the Red Mirror is a worthy contender for the best of the year, and have only been through one 'n' a half mounths. The Holy Grail isn't the best in the album(we'll be getting to that later) but is serves as a wonderful track in the album.