Top 100 Songs, Part 3 | Teen Ink

Top 100 Songs, Part 3

By theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida
theheavymetalist ELITE, Winter Haven, Florida

Take me As I Am - James Labrie of Dream Theater

80, The Scarecrow-Avantasia, Germany, the power metal country. If I had to describe this band in only a few words I would say Iron Maiden Clone. The Scarecrow is the 11 minute epic and second track off of the album with the same name. It sounds like Dream of Mirrors but is as long as Sign of The Cross. Very good I might add. On of my favorites. If you like Iron Maiden, you'll love these guys.

79, Du Riechst So Gut-Rammstein, off of the album Herzeleid this is a really catchy song to begin with. In case you don't know, these guys are German. Do expect more of these songs too. Germany may be the Power Metal capital but, it can have industrial metal as well. I swear in the chorus it's like hes saying "do we solute?"

78, Frozen-Within Temptation, Netherlands is back and still keeping in the Dutch land. Sharon has one of the most beautifal voices ever. Off the album The Heart of Everything this is more melodic than the rest of the album yet very nostalgic. It even has a music video.

77, Alison Hell-Annialator, Canadian Thrash is amazing isn't it. The first song off of Alice In Hell. Fast, Loud and a good headbanger.

76, The Glass Prison-Dream Theater, First song off of the album Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance and also the first song in the Twelve step suite series. On the topic of alcoholism and how Portnoy overcame it, this is a 12 minute epic you don't want to miss. Really heavy as well.

75, Killing Technology-Voivod, the first track off of the album Killing Technology. This is the true eccense of Progressive Thrash metal. Coming from the same country as Annialator, Razor, The Agonist and Joe Thrasher. Canada doesn't usually have the best bands but they do have good ones for sure.

76, Empire-Queensryche, the title track to Empire, it talks about a secret empire that sells illegal drugs and one guy walks in by accident and little did he realize that this was a drug empire. Catchy, heavy, and hard rock at it's finest.

75, Battery-Metallica, about time. The first track off of Master of Puppets this the anthem to end off all shows witha bang. I would especially recommend the S&M version of the song which is even better. There are many kinds of battery, this song is the bad battery.

74, Do Not Look Down-Meshuggah, the only single from Koloss, this is slow but really heavy, especially for Djent music. It really sets the slow and dark tone for the rest of the album. Sweden has done it again with Meshuggah at the helm.

73, Yesterday-The Beatles, off the Help! album, this is slow and very melodic. Easily the Beatles most famous song and sets the tone for the rest of their career with Rubber Soul and Sgt Pepper.

72, Painkiller-Judas Priest, the title track off of Painkiller and easily their heaviest song to date. HE, IS, THE PAINKILLER, THIS, IS, THE PAINKILLER! That is the sound of face melting vocals brought to you by Rob Halford.

71, Embedded-Job For A Cowboy, expect there to be very little Deathcore songs on this list. Next to Knee Deep, this is easily their most famous song to date. Off of the album Genesis this is the standout from the album and a darn good one at that.