Why I Love Ed Sheeran | Teen Ink

Why I Love Ed Sheeran

By CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other

If someone told me to describe Ed Sheeran’s music in one word, I honestly wouldn’t know what to say.
I mean that in the best way possible. Not only is his voice super raw and soulful, but his music distracts me from my everyday life. And to be completely honest, the life I’m living is pretty complicated, which is why I appreciate his music so much.
His lyrics capture emotions inside me that I never knew I had. His music is the kind that you can listen to over and over again, and have a different reaction to every single time. It’s almost as if listening to the same song repeatedly is like listening to several different songs.
The way I am describing his music, to me, defines a true artist. Nothing in his music is fake, His music speaks the truth and connects that truth with the listener’s inner feelings and emotions.
Getting caught up in the song is inevitable. And I am not complaining. When I get caught up in one of his songs, it feels like days pass by and I don’t even care. I don’t worry about where I have to be, what I have to do, when I have to do it, or anything like that. It could go on forever and I wouldn’t budge.
Having a different reaction to his music every time I listen to it rarely happens to me with other artists. I can only hope that I become as good an artist/singer as him someday in the future. True inspiration right there.
With that said, I think if someone told me to describe his music in one word, I would say "infinite"

Because that’s the way it impacted me. It was limitless.

Everything will be okay in the end. If its not okay, then its not the end. ~Ed Sheeran

Tizzy BRONZE said...
Tizzy BRONZE, Dhaka, Other

I sleep to much, parents complain. I sleep less, parents complain. I go out too much, parents complain. I don't go out too much, parents complain. I play games too much, parents complain. I play games less, parents complain. I CANT WIN!

*high five*

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
Ha, thanks. ;) 

elycavill SILVER, Samobor, Other

Leave nothing but footprints,
Take nothing but pictures,
Kill nothing but time.

I like the way u wrote the influence his music has on you, really deep. U hit a poetical note by describing it, tje only line that doesn't fit ( end of the line) is *I don't worry about where I have to be, what I have to do, when I have to do it, or anything like that.*, you could have used or anything else, but it is just the way I would have done it and it's your text. Also I like, and understand when you say infinite. Really strong ending :) (y)

CookieMonster24 PLATINUM, Delhi, Other
Haha, stop hating on my Ed! XD 

Scarlett_the_pegacorn BRONZE, Niceville, Florida

Don't tell me how to live my life; I do what I want.

I love him so much. He captures emotions so well in his song writing.

I_am_a_panda SILVER, In Some Place., Florida

Where are the turtles?

I agree with you. I. Love. Him. As always, your writing is without flaw. ;D

AnonymousHuman BRONZE, STANDDAARBUITEN, Other

Head up, stay strong. Fake smile, move on.

Although I do not agree with you on his music, I do like your writing :)

Valery5 said...
Valery5, Riverside, California

"What's bad for your heart is good for your art."

oh wow it's crazy cuz i love his music so much and i agree with you i can listen to his songs over and over again and never get bored but this article is GREAT it explains well how Ed Sheeran is a great at writting songs ! :]