Is There a Happily Ever After for Disney? | Teen Ink

Is There a Happily Ever After for Disney?

By mad05 SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada
mad05 SILVER, Las Vegas, Nevada

My mom use to tell me that each Disney movie had pixie dust on it. I looked for pixie dust all day long. Then she would tell me the magic is in the movies. I believed every word of it, being the gullible child I was.
Snow white and the seven dwarfs, Ichabod & Mr. Toad, and Dinosaurs! Where have all of these movies gone? Not just the movies but the quality, happily ever after, and once upon a times. As a 90’s kid I am disappointed in Disney. I don’t normally say when I was growing up but I am required to at this point. When I was growing up I watched all of the Disney movies. I remember selecting a tape and throwing it into the VCR. Laughing at jokes that would never get old and singing along to songs I knew every single note to. Where has this magic gone?
Today’s Disney movies don’t have the same magic. Movies like G force, Despicable Me, and Up don’t give me the warm feeling I use to get while watching Aladdin. I asked my little brother (9) if he was going to see Monsters Inc. 2 with me and my friends next year. He replied, “I can watch Disney channel at home, I didn’t even see Monsters Inc. 1.
Kids are missing out on teacups, swords in stones, and poison apples! Being a Disney kid I find this sad! My childhood was built on Never Land, a flying Pegasus, and toys that were alive. As I sit and write this I can’t help but notice DDisney’s newest releases and up comings. The Adventures of Arriety. Disney is becoming anime now? This is basically Tom Thumb & Thumbelina. Remakes are another thing I dislike. Alice and Wonderland, Tim Burton what have you done? You have butchered my teacup fantasy.
I can’t help but wonder what Disney has in store next. Please Disney all you need is a little faith trust and pixie dust. I have lost faith and trust; don’t let me lose the pixie dust too.