Where our Society is Heading | Teen Ink

Where our Society is Heading

Television has been correlated to health for a long period of time. Using statistics to corroborate the effects it has on everyday people, because 99% of households do have, as a minimum, one television. Out of those 99%, the number of hours the television is on is 6 hours and 47 minutes per day. With the number of citizens in America multiply that by the number of hours and minutes, then multiply that the cost for electricity and the result would be inundate.

This starts to affect how parents and children relate tone another. Most parents have to coerce their children to talk to them for 3.5 total minutes per week. Children are glued to the television often leaving parents to feel poignant. The phlegmatic shows the youth are watching are often filled with sanguine characters, and often lead to a fruitless plot. Possibly making them to feel zealous, but when the lack of homework is completed in the end the television has caused them to feel garbled.

Studies have been conducted to decipher the relation television has on health. Slowly deteriorated what people know when it comes to real life applications. Such as how only 17% of Americans can list three justices of the U.S. Supreme Court, but 59% can name the three Stooges. These comprehensive studies have shown a strong correlation, and will continue to occur until there can be an exact answer as to how badly television has a negative effect on the populations health.