The words on the bathroom wall | Teen Ink

The words on the bathroom wall

By Izzyr852 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Izzyr852 BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

“When you're a cancer kid, people can't wait to flock to your aid and are so eager to grant any wish you have before you die. But when you have schizophrenia, people can't wait to make you someone else's problem.” - Adam Petrazelli. “The Words on the bathroom wall” is an inspirational coming-of-age story that follows the life of Adam Petrazelli (Played by Charlie Plummer) after he was diagnosed with schizophrenia. It highlights the ups and downs of his life as a 16-year-old high school student who has schizophrenia. Warning there will be spoilers throughout this review.

Throughout the movie, it shows all of the relationships he has with people in his life/family. But the most important person to him is his mom. Adam and his mom Beth (Played by Molly Parker) Have had a very close relationship, ever since Adam's dad left when he was 8. It had always been him and his mom. In the movie, we see how close they are and how much Beth cares about her son even if he doesn't think that. When Adam was diagnosed with schizophrenia Beth tried everything in her power to help him, she took him to all the best doctors and tried all the medicine that she could afford.

Adam liked who he was seeing though. All of the people in his head made him feel less lonely and like they were his friends. The first person he started seeing was the bodyguard (Played by Lobo Sebastian) The bodyguard protects him from everything he's scared of and even himself. Next, he sees Joaquin (Played by Devon Bostick) Adam describes him as a guy's best friend. He tells dirty jokes and only wears underwear and a robe all the time. He always keeps the mood happy and humorous. Lastly is Rebecca (Played by Anna Sophia Robb) She is a free-spirited Buddhist who always tries to keep Adam calm and relaxed. Rebecca is Adam's favorite because of this.

during the course of the movie, it shows how close he gets to these people inside of his head but it's not real. Even though it's not real it still feels real for him. During the movie, he sees something he calls the dark. Imagine if you had all these little doubts and insecurities talking while a big black mass seeps into the room that's how Adam would see the dark. He is protected by all of the others in his head but it still gets to him. The first time he saw the dark was at his school. He got petrified and didn't know what to do so he freaked out. An accident happened and he got kicked out of his school.

When Adam moved to his new school he wasn't happy but it was what his mom wanted. To go to school, he has to take a new medicine. The medicine is supposed to stop all of his hallucinations so he tries it. When he gets to his new school he meets a girl named Maya (Played by Taylor Russel)  He thinks she is beautiful but doesn't know how to be in a relationship or explain how he has schizophrenia. Throughout the movie, it shows both of their developments emotionally and romantically with each other and separately. In the end, the movie gives us something to remember and think about. If you’re looking for a movie that is romantic but still feels real and talks about anything other than high school drama “The Words on the Bathroom Wall” is an amazing movie. 

I love the movie "Words on the bathroom wall" And here is my review on it