Is The Boy Who Lived Still Alive | Teen Ink

Is The Boy Who Lived Still Alive

October 13, 2022
By Aananya0209 SILVER, Dubai, Other
Aananya0209 SILVER, Dubai, Other
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift which is why we call it the present.


Harry Potter, the boy who lived, the boy who made up our childhoods, and the boy who made us believe.

The first Harry Potter book came out in 1997. The second was in 1999. The third, in 2005. Until the most recent, The Cursed Child, in 2016. Harry Potter goes decades back, yet, it is one of the best-selling book series with over 500 million copies sold. 

Although the Harry Potter books are extremely popular, the movies are even more favored. “In the age of 18 to 29, Harry Potter movies are popular among children as well as between the ages 30 to 44. On the other hand, Harry Potter is ranked as the second most popular book for people between the ages of 18 to 29” (Blogs@Baruch).  

The newest Harry Potter movie just came out this year, Harry Potter’s 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts, was given a 4.8-star rating. Some people loved it, some did not, as they expected it to be a movie and not an interview. “Cast members from all the Harry Potter films reunite in a retrospective special in order to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the very first film. The documentary includes interviews and cast conversations along with some recreations of some of the original locations, which have attained cult status over the years” (Outlook). 

Now to answer the main question: Is Harry Potter still popular? Here is the answer: “Teenagers are no longer reading Harry Potter books in their legions, it emerged in February 2020, as J.K. Rowling's series dropped out of the top ten favorite books for secondary school pupils. Instead, teens are reading books aimed at primary school children” (The Spectator).

Harry Potter is still a popular book and movie for adults who grew up watching it, as opposed to children in this day and age. For all the Potterheads, “The Boy who lived will always live on”.


The author's comments:

I have always loved Harry Potter, so I did some research to see if people still loved it too!