Movies Change Lives | Teen Ink

Movies Change Lives

By JCooney24 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
JCooney24 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

Movies are watched throughout the globe and are a way for people to relax, calm down or used as a source of entertainment.Yet, they can also be used for research. I have reviewed multiple movies over time and have written reports, or essays about them. Movies are very important to people's everyday lives.

There also can be certain movie genres that fit well around certain times. For example scary movies are often watched around halloween and they seem to be more enjoyable around that time as well. Festive and Christmas movies fit well in the winter. The feeling of a snow day and the white powder falling outside while watching a christmas movie is one of the best feelings in the world.

Movies could also be a source of happiness. If one is feeling upset, they can go watch a comedy movie and I guarantee you they will feel a bit better. Movies release serotonin which makes someone happier. If a person is happier than that would lead to them being more successful. If one is successful they will tend to become happier and proud of themselves. In the end it is all a large loop. 

Movies are also beneficial for students and children. Movies can help children to develop their vocabulary and understand the world better. Many babies and young kids learn how to speak, and understand colors through movies as well. From learning what the police do to understanding the difference between good and bad movies teaches young kids as well as adults many things. Movies are very beneficial. 

Yes, movies have their downsides as well. There have been multiple incidents where people in real life try to pull off movie stunts that were performed by professionals and have ended up dying, or getting seriously injured. Movies can have a bad image on people and be a bad influence. If one is smart enough to understand that not everything you see in movies is true then they will be okay, but sometimes that is not always the case. 

With different movie genres comes different reactions. For example scary movies are a source of excitement for someone, a comedy will make someone joyful. It has been discovered that in some circumstances horror movies have also helped deal with people's anxiety. This was shown because horror movies are the part of your brain that understands fear. Horror movies activate that part and cause a relief because it takes one's mind off things and focuses on the fear factor of the movie.

Movies have downsides as well as upsides but movies are primarily positive. I enjoy movies and believe they have a positive impact on most people. Movies are a staple in everyday life. 

I wote about the benefits and diadvantages, as well as how movies effect people's lives.