“Instant Family” a Modern Day Story of a Family | Teen Ink

“Instant Family” a Modern Day Story of a Family

January 20, 2019
By Anonymous


“Instant Family,” a story about a family that was anything but instant. Released in early November 2018, Instant Family is a heartwarming new movie. The movie tells the story of a couple fostering 3 children and the struggles they face fostering these children.  The movie actors include Mark Wahlberg, Isabela Moner, and Rose Byrne, and many others. It was directed and written by Sean Anders. I would classify this movie as drama and comedy. The movie moved me tears and many of the other moviegoers who were sitting near me; I wholeheartedly enjoyed this movie.

Instant Family takes place in an undisclosed city in the United States. A couple, Pete and Ellie, played by Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne respectively, decide after many years of not wanting kids they want kids. Since they are older they decided to foster. They originally planned on fostering 1 child, but they end up fostering 3 children. Pete and Ellie struggle to parent these 3 children throughout the movie, but over time learn the best ways to.

The roles were played beautifully by all the actors. Isabela Moner who plays Lizzie the oldest child of the 3 plays her role beautifully as a 15-year-old girl. When I watched this movie I had just turned 16 and the way she played this role made me relate to her so much. Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne both convey the part of doting parents who only want their children to love them perfectly bringing all sorts of emotions to me. Everyone in this movie played their roles extremely well and added a part to this special movie.

I believe this movie is perfect almost all ages. It is a family-friendly movie and I believe it is a movie to see with one’s family. It is rated PG-13. I can surely say this movie is amazing and one to see.