Love the second Confusion | Teen Ink

Love the second Confusion

By Teagan_Josephson GOLD, Conifer, Colorado
Teagan_Josephson GOLD, Conifer, Colorado

“Lock up your libraries if you like; but there is no gate, no lock, no bolt that you can set upon the freedom of my mind.”

Love drives every single one of us. We yearn to see it, feel it but when it comes we are. . . lost. Embarrassment and doubt cloud our emotions and we fumble with the lost courage. We rehearse, we prepare, we wait and when the time is ripe, we don't spring forward we watch the moment pass with doubtful and hesitant eyes. Love is not something that is rehearsed, practiced, it happens at the least expected time. Some people live without the the joy, and live in regret and loneliness, but even those have hope. Then there are others, those that spring forward not caring what others think. Those that braveness and courage crush the pathetic regret, embarrassment, and doubt with smooth ease. Love is not something that is crushed and forgotten by someone else, but is crushed, forgotten, givin up on by you. You can either choose to leap forward and be brave or let regret push you into a corner in which loneliness is all that is felt, and only love can pull you out of the dark space. You are, in the end, the person that decides the fate of yourself

I wasn't sure about putting this on Teen Ink, because this one of my favorites.