To The World, or At It | Teen Ink

To The World, or At It

November 3, 2015
By JocelynV GOLD, Castle Rock, Colorado
JocelynV GOLD, Castle Rock, Colorado
15 articles 0 photos 1 comment

When you wake up, and you know that today isn't going to be good, don't give up, because when you give up on the hope that everything is going to be okay, that's when you let it all fall to pieces. Remember that I love you, and you should love you too. You're going to have days when nothing seems to be going right, and that's when you need to find a way to switch it up, because days shouldn't get to the point where you know what to expect. Good or bad, there are always going to be days when you want to scream to the world, or at it. And that's the beauty of days like that. Because you should always go out with a smile on your face to show the universe that you're not ready for what's in store, but you'll get through it anyways, because that's what we do. We get through it. And when you wake up, and know that today is going to be unpredictable, but you also know that you're going to face the inknown and kick butt anyway, that's when everything is going to be just fine. 


The author's comments:

This is something I wrote one day when I was thinking about my future, and what I'd say to my daughter when she's having one of 'those days.'