Why, Just Why? | Teen Ink

Why, Just Why?

September 18, 2015
By monikitty12 PLATINUM, New York, New York
monikitty12 PLATINUM, New York, New York
35 articles 0 photos 52 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't cry because its over. Smile because it happened.


I have wondered about the thin line between love and hate. What it all means. Does that mean that a person can transition between feeling love for someone to hating someone and plotting revenge? Or does it mean something else?

 

Why, just why are emotions so blind. Why can’t people control them? The mystery of it all confuses each of us, leading us towards the destined one as if everything just magically fits together, but suddenly, everything just tears apart as if it never was supposed to be that way.

 

What are the meaning to these emotions? What is the answer? Is trusting the heart more important to trusting the brain? Do we use both to solve all our problems? The wonder of it all about following your heart, and listening to your brain confuses me. The heart is a organ that pumps blood for us, keeping us alive, while the brain is what makes us educated beings. Which is more important?

 

This is a topic I have thought about for so long, and contemplating about whether listening to your heart is ever a good idea, because it somehow always lands me in trouble. Dear Teen Ink, I want this to be a discussion topic. What do you think?

Should the heart be the motive to your decisions? Or should the brain lead you to your trus answers? What if you have only a short time to decide?

What would you do?