"Let go" | Teen Ink

"Let go"

By Jania Osteen BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin
Jania Osteen BRONZE, Franklin, Wisconsin

Characters-
Katie- Johns girlfriend/ rape victim
John- Katies boyfriend

*two characters walk onto stage one holding a bottle of liquid in hand*

*stage set up as a Katie’s room with John and Katie standing in it*

Katie- “Tell me why I shouldn’t”

John-”You’re losing me, isn’t there not more to say to that?

Katie-  (Katie looks at the bottle and stares deeply into it) “I finally won’t have to think of those memories John, they’ll be gone; he’ll be gone.”

John- “I can help you forget him, just like I have been.”

Katie- “But you haven’t, you haven’t done more than make me remember the man that hurt me physical, my own father.”

John- (shocked by Katie’s words, John starts to cry) “Look me in the eye and say that again. That the man that you call your father, the man that raped you; and now me the man that loves you and shows you you can love again, has done nothing but make you remember that of your father. You say that and look me in the eye Katie.”

Katie- (she begins to cry) “I can’t do that”

John- (John wipes the tears drooling down his face) “You know you can’t let me go.”

*Katie turns away and walks around her room*

John- “Do you realize what you’re doing to me? You’re so selfish.”

Kaite- “Would you want to remember these types of memories?! I take pills, I binge drink and nothing helps the pain of the memories that never leave my mind; it’s like the demons of my dad are soon taking over me. Nothing ever works not even you.”

John- (John walks up to Katie as he grasps her wrist) “Just feel me. Feel the connection we have Katie our love is too strong for you to leave me.” (John tries kissing her but she pulls away)

Katie- “Maybe I just didn’t love you enough.” (She looks at the bottle and pops the cap off)

John- Wait Katie I love-

*The bottle of liquid soon has nothing in it and just like that, she’s gone like dust*

My piece shows that to some people even taking a toxic posion, or a drug; can be more important than the one you love; if you truly loved them.