Notice Me? | Teen Ink

Notice Me?

By Kaitlincutie GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Kaitlincutie GOLD, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Whether you think you can or can't, you're right

"Uhh..." I try to speak, but with my words sputtering everywhere. By this time, he's walked off, to his friends. I am left, standing alone, in the empty hall way. My friend is in a bad mood, going off with my other friends. I don't want to cry, but a tear gets loose, rolling down my cheek. Grabbing my books from my locker, I head off to class. Still, my friend remains upset with me. Plug in my headphones, I listen to music. Drownding out all the talking of others, while I read. As class starts, I take my headphones off, close my book, and try to focus only on the task at hand. My crush looks over at me, with a little smile, starting to grow on his face, until he sees the teacher, looking his way. I look at him, a tiny smile can't help, but appear upon my face. After class, he talks with me. Acting like the idiot, which is one of the things I admire most about him. I insult him in a playish way, which he knew. Walked to lunch, and didn't really talk. Waiting in the gym, I felt like being alone, to think. After, we went upstairs, and I plugged my headphones in, and read. Unplugging my headphones, I payed attention to the teacher again. By this time, my crush smiles back at me again. My friend is in a better mood. Later that night, I was in another hillarious conversation with four of my other friends. Being the loner of the group, I set two of them up. They thanked me, and all of them now wanted to set me up. Finally, after being bagered for an hour, I agreed. The weekend went fast, and Monday arrived. One of my friends asked my crush if he would ever go out with me. They told me he didn't answer. Does this mean, he likes me?