Who's your role model? Why? | Teen Ink

Who's your role model? Why?

By 9spaceking PLATINUM, Chantily, Virginia
9spaceking PLATINUM, Chantily, Virginia

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall into a sewer hole and die."

My role model is my mom, because she is smart, talented, and persistent.

My mom is stubborn, and when she wants to accomplish a task, she tries her best and does it until the end, no matter what it takes and what stands in her way. Once, the lawn mower broke and she had to find a way to repair it. She could not find another lawn mower online and my mom was also unable to locate a lawn mower elsewhere. Finally, after searching for a repairman for a few days, someone came by and helped to fix the lawn mower. From this, I saw my mom’s persistency.

My mom is outstanding at learning; she had always received straight A’s and was first place in her class. She listened carefully in class and did everything on her own without anyone to help her- in fact, she needed no help. My mom seemed absolutely perfect- moving from China to America was an enormous achievement for her. But when I heard something about my mom becoming sick when she was young, I was nonplussed by such news. How could such an athletic, strong woman get sick? My mom explained the reason to me: she was born prematurely. But instead of giving up, my mom jogged every single morning and she became more efficient until she was the Mom she had become today. She still exercises every day and never seems to become tired or

My mom is a skillful computer programmer. She earns tons of money although normally a lone mother would not be able to take care of two children; I understand that my mother still works hard to keep up our family. I know my mom loves us so, because she is always so kind, works so hard, and still finds enough time to take care of us.

My mom is the best role model I could ever have, because she is so clever, skilled, and athletic.

I love my mom!