This I Believe | Teen Ink

This I Believe

By gleek1234 GOLD, Burlington, Vermont
gleek1234 GOLD, Burlington, Vermont

You did let me go you left me broken and heartless, crying out for help, with no one to answer my calls-Shilpa Pierpont-Hale ( poem) Love hurts

I believe in people being able to love who ever they want with out judgment. Like lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender. (LGBT) I also believe in people being able to show their true colors. I also believe in people not using anti-gay slurs like saying that so gay as an insult, or other homophobic language. I believe in acceptance.

This belief is important to me because I have two moms and I know a lot of lgbt people. When I hear other people using anti-gay slurs it hurts me because there talking about my family, you hurt one you hurt all. When people use those anti gay slurs it makes me madder then I’ve ever gotten because that’s where I am from. I grew up in a gay family and I am proud of it. Where I grew up, made me who I am today. I am some one who is open to everybody no matter where they are from, or what their beliefs are.

This belief is important because I think it is sad when people can't accept that some people chose to love those of the same gender. It does not matter who you love as long as you love them unconditionally. That’s why I don't really tell people that I have two moms. Not that I am ashamed of where I am from, as I said above. I just care what people think too much.

One time when I got really upset with the use of the term “that's so gay” was when one of the so called popular kids said, “Ughh this is so gay; we have nothing to do.” I wanted to tell them that I have two moms but I refrain because I already get bullied no need to make it worse then it already is. And you know how it is these days with peer pressure, and even though by standing up for what is right you know you are doing the right thing, you may not do it, because of fear of what others might think.. But in the long run it will make you feel so much better.

I feel really fortunate to have the kind of family I do, because I am very open all kinds of people and their way of life. People judged on based on their gender, race or who they chose to love.

That is why I joined my schools GSA (gay straight alliance group) so that I could help others being bullied because of who they love. I feel very strongly about this topic. I believe in not judging by where you are from, what you look like, or what your sexual or gender identity is.

this is a essay we had to do for langage arts about something you strongly belive about and i beleive in LGBT acceptance. i feel very strongly about this topic.

gleek1234 GOLD said...
gleek1234 GOLD, Burlington, Vermont

As I was sayin I said nothats not weird love Is love no matter who it is with!' sorry I'm typing with my iPod it kept submitting when I was not finished typing

gleek1234 GOLD said...
gleek1234 GOLD, Burlington, Vermont

Sorry I ment to say: aww thanks:) I am glad I posted this article too!! I hope when any lgby peoe or anyone whom is getting bullied reads this they know that it gets better! And I was a afraid of peoe k owing but I told everyone like I was telling them I won the lottery I wass like I have two moms and they said oh that's weird and I sa

gleek1234 GOLD said...
gleek1234 GOLD, Burlington, Vermont

Aww thanks!!! I am glad I

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

I am so glad that you wrote this. I, as well, feel very strongly about the matter; your article was very encouraging and well-written. I'm so sorry that you've had to deal with so much slander, but I'm equally glad that you're so open and that you don't let the bullies get you down. Keep it all up!

gleek1234 GOLD said...
gleek1234 GOLD, Burlington, Vermont

No problome I just wanted to make a difference and show people there really is nothing wrong with being LGBT!!

gleek1234 GOLD said...
gleek1234 GOLD, Burlington, Vermont

Yeah I mean like there nothing wrong with being LGBT I mean love is love!! Like people just need to accept that!! Thanks for reading my article!! And ur comment is awsome

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

"Freedom is the ability to not care what the other person thinks."

"Not all those who wander are lost" --JRR Tolkien

"When you are listening to music it is better to cover your eyes than your ears." --Jose' Bergamin

You're very welcome and thank you!!!!!! :D

gleek1234 GOLD said...
gleek1234 GOLD, Burlington, Vermont

thank you i feel very strong about this topic. your really nice thank you for the comment

annasheart BRONZE, Ft.collins, Colorado

do not believe in things you hear unless it is true

i am bi and when i hear people say that is so gay it makes me mad to it is upsetting and un called for really like it!

JoPepper PLATINUM, Annandale, Virginia

Your writing showed very strongly that you believe in this.  It was very good.  Don't stop writing!!!! :)