Teen Pregnancy | Teen Ink

Teen Pregnancy

By Kate5995 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
Kate5995 BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

Pregnancy amongst teens is a rapidly growing number. The lack of using protection is high in teens that get pregnant; they are not mature enough to make the right rational decision about the situation there in. Parents need to make more time to talk to their children about protection and contraception if they believe their child may be sexually active. Teen’s today need to be more careful so we can prevent the spread of STD’s and prevent children from having children.

Young teens that are having sex are trying to feel more adult and are longing for someone to care about them, but there going about this in all wrong ways. Teens need to sit down and consider the consequences of their actions. Do you really know the person you are sleeping with? There sexual background? Regardless of if you do or not it is always a good idea to use protection. You could catch a STD and/or get pregnant. Also it is very easy to get your heart broken after sex, sleeping with someone causes an emotional attachment, mostly for girls.

Being a teen can seem overwhelming and there constantly striving to achieve the freedom they long for causing constant rebellion. Strict parents are really having their work cut out for them these days. Restricting a teen too much will cause them to break the rules and that’s what parents do not understand these days. They need to come to terms that their child is going to grow up weather they like it or not. Now do not get me wrong rules are good for kids, weather we like them or not, but being the kid that always has to tell their friend “no I can’t do that” or “my parents wont let me,” let just say, the only way I can put it is that it really sucks! Teens should not be able to run wild and do whatever they want thought, thoughts are the so called “crazy” kids who a vast majority of them get into drugs and have a higher possibility of coming home pregnant. A progression of responsibility and freedom helps guide us teens into the right path.

Teens that are sexually active need to be smart and use protection and for girl’s contraception is a good idea. Ask your parents, grandparents, aunts, friend’s parents anyone to take you. You can even go into a walk in clinic and get it yourself. This can only benefit you. Another reason contraception is a good idea even if you do use condoms, they do break. Teens are too young to get pregnant; can you imagine having a child right now? Giving up your life of boyfriends, friends, going out, even sleep? Babies are cute, but I do not think you would want to give up your life to have one now. I assure you ten years from now babies will still be cute.

Being a sexually active teen comes with many responsibilities and consequences. If you do not want to hold off on having sex, at least make sure you are safe about it. Boys use condoms and girls get birth control. You can never be too careful and help the U.S. decrease the teen pregnancy tolls.

akstory GOLD said...
akstory GOLD, West Palm Beach, Florida

It is our choices . . . that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.
~ J. K. Rowling

I totally agree with you! 

mirak BRONZE said...
on Mar. 25 2011 at 7:55 am
mirak BRONZE, Waterboro, Maine

"Make it happen."

This is really good! You should check out my article about teen pregnancy!

TeenInk.com/nonfiction/academic/article/303142/Teen-Pregnancy/