Love | Teen Ink

Love

By Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York
Internal-Love PLATINUM, Queens, New York

Nothing's black or white, its all just a shade of gray---

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

Love is one of the many feature topics out there on Earth. It's not exactly science, or a section of study. It can't revolve around textbooks, or tests. It's an emotional quest. It's been around for centuries, and we cant possibly live our lives without coming across the topic.

Some people define it as 'a huge aching crush with butterflies in your stomach', others define it as a passion. Some just say it's when you deeply care about someone. Others, don't want to get involved with it. But you see, that wouldn't be possible. Whether love is in a crush, a family member, or a hobby, or even yourself, you can't escape it. We are all human, with feelings and emotions, and you could travel the ends of Earth. But, no matter which way, Love is involved in everyone's lives. It IS of great importance, because it has an effect on our emotional well being.

For example: if someone's been through a tough heartbreak, they may be depressed for a while, and then may never think about love the same way again. Or if you are in love, you can be blinded, or otherwise dreamy and may do things you may not normally do, out of love.
But the worst is cynics, who refuse to love. They may be the loneliest people on Earth. Because in whichever form everybody needs it, but not exactly in the way you think.
In fact some even make have a boy/girl friend their priority, or make fun of gay people because of who they choose to love. It has a huge effect on everyone.

This topic cannot be in textbooks because it cannot be defined. You can create your own definition but in truth, none holds the greater power. We can use symbols, say soul mates or true love, and create tons of romance stories & movies.
But romance isn't the only love in the world. The true love is the love that sticks deep in your heart, the one you will fight for. It doesn't necessarily have to be a person.
Some people come up with more accurate opinions of it then others, but, honestly, not even the most wise can truly understand love's meaning, or why it was put into the world, or what our duty is to do with it. We can just live with it, experience it, let it emotionally affect us, good or bad and see what happens.
It's just naturally part of life.

A heart isn't the seal of love; it's the symbol.

Does this sound complicated. Well that's not abnormal-------------love itself, is complicated

this is personally my opinion on this very discussed upon topic. And from now on, i will TRY to throw in less grammar/spelling mistakes & text talk

IAmWhoIWantToBe PLATINUM, Manila, Other

‎"I’m learning how to drown out the constant noise that is such an inseparable part of my life. I don’t have to prove anything to anyone. I only have to follow my heart and concentrate on what I want to say to the world: I run my world." - Beyoncé

Woah! I can say you improved with this piece, compared to your other writings... Anyway don't forget to use question marks in the end of a question.

Anyway, I agree with you. When I asked in a class recitation what love is, I told them that love is unexplainable. And you know what I got? An okay from the teacher. Just an okay.

And, oh, I do believe that love is not just for boy-meet-girl kind of story. Love is everywhere, in the family, with friends and many more... :)

Leena7395 SILVER, Spring Grove, Illinois

Be who you are because those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter.

This rings true with every word. Extremely well-said. Great job :)

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

This is very, very true.  Love is complicated and it drives people to madness.  Oh, what a wonderful madness!

JustAnotherOwl SILVER, Unknown, New York

"See, we don't really care who you are;
Everyone is capable of looking up and wishing on a star.
So catch it, so contagious, this day-dreamer's disease,
And hope can be your sword, slaying darkness with belief."

"Sanctuary"- Paradise Fears

This was so good! You said it perfectly and I enjoyed reading it! (:

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

thanks so much for taking the time to read this!!

Raytheraym PLATINUM, Belton, Missouri
So true. Greatly written!

on Dec. 17 2010 at 8:49 am

TI "Live your Life" ft Rihanna

---------thanks :)

writerssoul said...
writerssoul, One, Delaware
GREAT PIECE. perfectly defines love..or how we can not define love .I loved it