Understanding Relationships | Teen Ink

Understanding Relationships

By Opinionated GOLD, Brantford, Other
Opinionated GOLD, Brantford, Other

~Change what you can and accept what you cannot change.~
~If you love someone, let them free. If they come back, it's meant to be.~
~Cease refusing to believe that in what you have created.~

To me, a relationship is something that exists between two people. A tie of some sort all depending on how much this relationship has suffered and what it truly strives on. A relationship of ANY sort should be based on enjoying the company of the other, no matter if it’s a friendship, a girlfriend/boyfriend, an acquaintance or even a marriage, it all has to depend on enjoying each other’s company. Because if it is based on anything else, that may one day fail to please the other witch is why any kind of relationship based on items, sex, drugs, alcohol, or even money, those items or actions will run out at some point. You must love the person for what they have to offer on the inside and not on the outside.

To truly say that someone is your best friend or even your good friend, you must have had went throw a time of difficulty with that person, because if you haven’t that time will come. The same thing applies to dating and such, because sometimes a fight or a dramatic incident is what a relationship needs just to show how strong the ties of the relationship really is and how much it’s willing to do for one and other. Without having went throw any of this and to simply say that this is my best friend without having gone throw anything, you truly don’t know exactly just how far the friendship or relationship will bent until it snaps.

In the end, the point of this is simply to say that if you are going throw rough times in a relationship, understand that this is a test of the willpower the relationship has and how much it can withstand. If it so happens that in the end, the relationship has broken then you have learned of your own and the others mistakes to only make stronger ties in the future.

I have written this simply to help and make people understand my points and views on what a relationship is and how it is built. I would like to know if people agree or not and if not be free to express yourself.

Jude said...
Your view on relationships is quite interesting...sheds some light....Thanks