The Ending of A Friendship | Teen Ink

The Ending of A Friendship

January 5, 2010
By KassyElizabeth DIAMOND, Argyle, New York
KassyElizabeth DIAMOND, Argyle, New York
65 articles 14 photos 30 comments

Just like the end of so many good things, the ending of a good friendship can come out of nowhere. And when it does, it feels like uppercut to the ribs. Sometimes you haven't much of a choice. An older friend graduates, goes to college. And whether they move far away or not it will never be quite the same again. Sometimes a friend, even a best friend, changes into a person you don't even know. And all of a sudden the friendship holds no meaning anymore. Sometimes they become so caught up in themselves and their own irrational issues. Jealousies and Deceits fabricted in their mind. They turn on you, make you out to be a bad guy, accuse you of things that send your head spinning. And you are at a loss. Suddenly you realize you cannot trust this person anymore. They have hurt you, wounded you, in ways that cannot be healed with an apology. You find yourself resolved. It is over. All over, you could have wasted years pretending that friendship would last forever. Maybe it should have, maybe you thought it would, maybe you were right to think that, at the time. But life is ever-changing. And in that aspect you can find comfort. You may have reached a level of maturity your friend cannot grasp, and they may have left you down one buddy. However you will find someone to replace them, as bitter as that sounds. Somewhere, someone has just gone through what you have and they are just as confused. Find comfort in eachother, you can only welcome growth, it cannot be stopped.