The Other- Half Girlfriend | Teen Ink

The Other- Half Girlfriend

January 1, 2010
By Your_Guardian_Angel PLATINUM, Clermont, Florida
Your_Guardian_Angel PLATINUM, Clermont, Florida
26 articles 5 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I have great confidence in fools, my friends call it self-confidence."


Everyone seems so terribly concerned with teh half-boyfriend/girlfriend, the girl who is best friends with the taken guy and who also just happens to be better for him than his girlfriend, but she'll never get him thus making her the half-girlfriend. But what about the other half? What about the REAL girlfriend. Everyone seems to forget about her, how she must be hurting right now. If her boyfriend has a half-girlfriend then that must mean she just gets the other half. Sure she has the title of girlfriend but that's it. It's a constant battle between her and the "half-girlfriend" for HER boyfriend's love and attention. Then if she says something about it she's the bad guy. She becomes the crazy jealous psycho girlfriend. That doesn't seem right or fair. Why shouldn't she be jealous? There's another woman who has the other half of her boyfriend. It's a constant game of tug-o-war till someone wins. Then the winner is the "whole girlfriend" for awhile until another chick comes along nd then we're back to half and half. It's a vicious cycle.


The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this after listening to "Half-Boyfriend" by Jay Brannan (Epic Song I highly suggest it) it made me think since I couldn't relate to him I looked at it from the other person's point of view.