Love?-- | Teen Ink

Love?--

By cheywan♥♥ DIAMOND, Fritch, Texas
cheywan♥♥ DIAMOND, Fritch, Texas

walking forward is an neverending challenge!! ):

Love. Love. It's a confusing thing. Though everyone seems to have it figured out but me. Love. So warm, and brilliant. As large as a South American rainforest. Open yet completely secluded. From life. From hate. Does it even know what hate is? Love. It makes me wonder if it reaches out to everyone or anyone for that matter. Are we all living in hate yet being deceived into thinking we're in love. to be in love is to give another human being the power to destoy you, and wholeheartedly trusting them with that. Cause thats all you can do when in that situation. Is doing that to someone really love or is it the deepest form of hate. So deep that no one has figured it out yet. and it really doesn't matter if it's as big as the rainforest if its as cold as the tundra. Love. Love may endure all things but is that necessarily a good thing. Love? Whatever love is. I do know that it is the most important thing in the world. And true love is a wonderful beautiful thing. but our love. the love that our human mind distorted so that it could handle it. because the real love is too awesome for any mortal being to fathom in a billion years. that love is nothing compared to his love. God's love.. Love, love!...

Scribo BRONZE said...
Scribo BRONZE, Richmond, Other

"Why care about the weather? It only ends, it ends in darkness" - The Promise Ring

I personally agree with you completely.  Love takes away your independence and you run the risk of extreme depression upon losing it, many times more powerful than when one gains it.  The point of love is just for motivation for animals to reproduce, but to be honest, it's not very effective.  But a lucky person can have his or her life altered for the better due to love, whether it is mutual or otherwise.  The results caused by one's love can do many things, but love itself, it just isn't that great a thing.  But many things I have yet to experience are overrated, so I really can't trust the info I'm basing this on.

americasnextfreak, Mills, Iowa
That was Awesome!!!! I really liked it! Your so right!

WriterFanatic PLATINUM, DesMoines, Iowa

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
By Gandhi.

To love is to give the other person the power to destroy you... how profoundly interesting. You are right.

carriethebeliever BRONZE, L-burg, Kentucky

"Get lost. You might find yourself."

Wow! This really got me thinking. You're a very deep thinker.

cheywann said...
p.s. im the one who wrote this.lol

cheywann said...
i really love the way you think!!(:..

StephenKingfan7 BRONZE, East Hartford, Connecticut

"What do you know for sure?" - Gene Siskel

Ya. This is really deep, and i feel a connection with you, though we have never meet. You sewem to have grsoed both the pros, and cons of love, which can be hard to do. I like your rainforest metaphor, but you forgot something, love, like rainforests, can be torn down for no particular reason.

cheywan. said...
on Dec. 14 2009 at 1:42 am
dude.its been 5 times now to be voted #1 thank you guys.

cheywan♥♥ DIAMOND, Fritch, Texas

so im stoked that this article has been voted #1 twice..this has never happened to me..i love all the people that made this happen so thanks sooooo much...ily..

Impractically.Yours SILVER, Pasadena, California

The unspoken word doth no harm.
Kossuth

I know exactly what you're talking about - I once rejected this guy who told me nothing would ever come between us, and he's hated me ever since. I have never experienced true love, but have experienced something pretty close to it, although I'm never quite sure that it's returned. While true love may be a complete mystery to people such as us, I'm very sure other people can help you.

Thank you so much for replying, this article was very inspiring.

Impractically.Yours

MyKaleidoscopeWorld GOLD, Haymarket, Virginia

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Life is about giving it your all even when you have nothing.

I like it. It's deep and facinating to the human mind that reads this article. It makes you think long and hard about not just love but its connection to life. I absolutely adore this article.

omgimaninja07 BRONZE, Laflin, Pennsylvania
I think that this is a really fantastic article! I never really thought about love in that way before, and yet I found it so completely true. Love really is blissful, but by loving you give someone the power to hurt you. This article completely changed my outlook. Great work, keep writing! :D

cheywan said...
well i just write what im thinking at that moment..and i was inspired cause ive been confused lately about what love really is..it seems that im in love with someone but that can't be it..cause i believe that true love is always returned..so im begining to wonder if there is any true love on this earth and if the only true love is the love thats not of earth...

The unspoken word doth no harm.
Kossuth

This is a wonderful article. Would you mind telling me why you wrote it?

. said...
This really mad eme think. When you said the part about how love could be special or a deeper form of hate. I fell in love and ever since then my life has been a complete mess of pain. But I'm sure i don't hate him, I just don't get how he doesn't feel the same way.