Young Love | Teen Ink

Young Love

By CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin
CandieApple PLATINUM, Hartford, Wisconsin

The world is a stage, and we are merely players- Shakespeare (at least it goes something like that!!)

Walking around the school halls people talking about who's hot and who's not. Chatting about who they like and who they dislike, who they want to date and who they don't. I'm in middle school and already people my age are talking about dating! I think we are too young to date in my opinion. Recently my friend got a boyfriend and she's only 11!!! I think we need to live in the moment of our age. Have fun playing soccer and keep crushes, crushes until you're older. I understand kids liking the oppisite sex, but dating? I keep telling my friends that we're young and she be running around and playing sports. They just ignore me and shake it off. What do you think?

Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

if life gives you lemons..... squeeze them back in life's eyes!

HEY! that's going to be my new catch fraze                "BE NICE"

Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

That is un true, But I agree mostly, Because I loved someone in midle school, but it did not last long.

Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

I mean the closest thing to dateing not always date your closest friend. Sorry.

Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

I might be a guy but I compleetly agree. why should young age keep you from persuing love. as for me Im 14 and I am in love wit the most wonderful, most amazing girl in the world.

Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

Thats Right!

Brian110 SILVER, Jonesport, Maine

You are right. it is to early to start serious dating and you should find the right person but young love is still O.K. and I beleive that as long as you are close friends with someone that can be your early age dating.

Bll9864 said...
Britt143 if you are too young to understand how to be grammatically correct (at least to the point where you make since) then you are too young to love. Your comment just speaks immaturity. You will look back on life whenever you are older and look at how childish you sound. I am 16 and look back at my views and wish I had known. I still have a lot to learn and except that. But you need to understand there is a tremendous difference between what you feel when 11 and what you feel when you are older. I thought I loved almost all my boyfriends in middle school. I cried when we broke up but then got over it. True love can exist in middle school but is very unlikely. There is a difference between true love and liking someone a lot. You can love someone's personality but not love them in the way that true love means. Love is an impossible word to describe. But there is also a certain point of maturity you have to be to truly feel it.

Bll9864 said...
I hope you and that guy are still dating and going strong! I fell in love with my current boyfriend whenever I was 14, and now I am 16 so I do agree with you that it is possible, but you have to understand most middle schoolers are not mature enough to find real love.

Bll9864 said...
I completely agree with you. Based on the date you are 17 now, but I am 16. I have been in a serious relationship for almost 2 years. And I did date in middle school but none of it was serious. Middle schoolers and even some high schoolers regret/ will regret their choices due to inappropriate action chosen to be taken.

Bll9864 said...
Middle school children are unable to feel real love. So her argument that an 11 year old is too young is valid. You say some people need love to be happy, but it sounds to me that you believe love inquires being in a relationship. I will tell you most people are unable to feel love until they are 14 or older sometimes 13. And sometimes people won't feel love until they are adults. Love is not about being in a relationship. I know many people who are dating that really like each other but are not in love. I am a junior in high school. I have been dating someone for almost two years, and now I really know what love is. All the middle school relationships I had I felt in love but I will assure you I never was. Love is a word that is thrown around. If you are dating some one you have to love them right? No, you do not. Love is something extraordinaire. Something that you will know truly exists whenever you have to endure obstacles that test it. Whenever you are with someone that losing would literally turn your whole life around. Honestly 11 is okay to be boyfriend/girlfriend if you are doing it just because you like that boy or girl. But as far as seriousness, kissing and beyond is unacceptable. And love is out of the question. No one can feel love until they are mature enough to truly know what it is.

kashmonee steward, St.paul, Minnesota
tbh i think that yu are right bt sometimes people need  love to make them happy

Oh, my god.  I wrote this so long ago, and I couldn't even spell "opposite".  So awful, but thanks to you guys who read it and enjoy haha!  Time to be ashamed of my younger self and her writing. XD

on Jun. 28 2014 at 2:36 am
canuckgirl935, Palmer, Alaska
I agree completly, be a kid for as long as you can. :)

Lexxiiee BRONZE, Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania
there is a fine line between being to young to date and not. I dont think dating should be aloud at a certain age. I think it should be determined by maturity level. Some people are to immature to be in a real relationship. Middle school is when everyone is starting to change and everyone starts to like the opposite sex. You are still finding who you are. I think middle schoolers schould just hand around with the opposite sex and have a good time, not get into anything to seriouse so young, Being in a relaitonship can be a big responsibility and if you want a serious relationship you need to know how to deal with it. Once you reach highschool then maybe if you think u are ready for it you could start experimenting with dating! Dont make your life more complicated then it should be! Live your life care free as long as you can!

Keita Ako said...
on Feb. 4 2014 at 1:56 am
teens know r very bad  they really should listen 2 their parents

I think this a little bit true I think that middle school has WAY too many dating and cursing it's like come guys u really think tht is appropriate for our age I'm in 7th grade and just started middle school and every one cusses land I'm tired of it so if you hear someone say something inappropriate stand up for it say "hey we're in school I don't care what you say at home but at school BE NICE!!!!!!!!" If you don't agree with me, fine but I want to take a stand

Love2Shop said...
on Apr. 18 2013 at 11:40 am
I think that young people can date but that depends on the defintion of dating. I am 16 and I see 11 years old kids dating and some is extreme. If you are 11 you can hold hands, hang out, and share a quick kiss or two. At my school, they act like sluts just wanting to grow up. I say wait awhile and live cause when I was 11 I still think I was hooked on Disney Channel. So to everyone out there, take your time growing up because there is no rush and enjoy it because when do you grow up it is not as fun as you think.

teenagelover said...
Im 15, and i have had a boyfriend or two,i think as long as both of you know the boundaries you have, it is okay to date. And as long as it is a healthy relationship,not just a physical one. Am i right???

britt143 said...
what no childhood is to make mistakes so you don't make them in your adult life kids should be who they want live free girls should date not all girls are going to lose thier virginity    

britt143 said...
you was in middle school whenyou had a boyfriend you won't  thinking in was childish because you went out with him I mean we feel the way ya'll feel bout ya'll boyfriend so what is the diffrence! I don't get we should like who we like and love who we love age is a figure of speech!!