Beautiful Friends | Teen Ink

Beautiful Friends

By Kitten111 SILVER, Watanobbi, Other
Kitten111 SILVER, Watanobbi, Other

Knowledge is knowing that tomato is a fruit ..... wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad :P

I’ve been to a lot of different schools. Every year and a half or so I move on to another because of family reasons. Now most of the time when I was ready to move on I had just started fitting in, Just started to not be ‘the new kid’ who everyone picked on, Just started to make real friends. Then I got to year seven, the worst year of my life. It was so bad I changed schools after two terms. In each and every one of these schools there was something I found.
I’m in yr 10 now and even though I’m not the new kid anymore I still feel judged. I even see my friends doing it sometimes. The bullying isn’t your normal primary school bullying anymore its deeper. Its comments, its looks and its subtle things that gradually wear you down and attack yourself esteem until you crack. We are forced to conform to a certain way of thinking. Don’t want to wear makeup? Then you’re not beautiful. Don’t want to get your hair styled and have the latest clothes? You’re a disposable thing for someone else to compare themselves to in order to make themselves feel better.
But these things don’t make you beautiful. Sure they might get you popular but who actually likes the popular girl? Is she happy? Why do we fool ourselves into thinking we need things that only make us miserable? Why do we choose fake friends instead of real ones just because we believe they’ll make us look good?
Beautiful friends are that special rare friend who will take you how you are. Otherwise who are they really accepting? The ones who are willing to put up with your dorky obsessions and who you can laugh and who you cry you’re out heart with. They won’t judge you because you rather read a book than some trashy gossip magazine.
These friendships are so special because they’re the ones that you keep in touch with when you go your separate ways. I love you Jessiee – my truly beautiful friend (and the only one I’ve even had in the 7 or so schools I’ve been too!) The sad thing is there people are so rare. There rare because everyone’s trying to be someone else. Everyone’s trying to be something there not. Imagine what the world would be like if we were just us and let ourselves all be beautiful friends....

Kitten111 SILVER, Watanobbi, Other

after i changed schools at the end of year 7 my dad put me into a Christian school .... im in a better environment now but if anything im further away from God than ever :( thats for your comment i admire your strength :) as long as your happy im glad that your so strong in what you believe in !

muffie said...
I totaly agree wit u 100%. i have been goin to the same school sence 7th grade nd still don't feel fully comfortable with my classmates. Wat i dnt understand about the people that i am around is how they thinks stupid and weird to truely b a child of God in high school. Like just bcuz i wld rather go to church or bible study than go to a partie wit drinkin nd smokin im borin. They think that i have no friends bcuz i like spendin time wit my family nd i get along wit my mom. Like im childish bcuz i choose not to have sex . This teenage world is full of so many steriotypes that its redickulouse. But i know how to b strong nd prove all my haters wrong!!!!!

Lost-In-Life GOLD, Whitby, Other

It's never to late, if it weren't for the last minute many things would never get done!

I agree! I have 2 "beautiful" friends but sometimes I still try to fit in too much.

musiclover94 GOLD, Springboro, Ohio

Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first.

I feel this way all the time but I feel like a hypocrite saying it. I know I try too hard to fit in even though I'm in the marching band so I should just give up on that one. lol, i love band but I feel like even there, I'm a little out of place. You captured the essence of high school really well!

Manii123 SILVER, West Paterson, New Jersey

"Our love is like the wind. I can't see it, but I feel it." -A Walk To Rememeber

This really moved me. You must be one of those rare people..=)

. said...
this is really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kitten111 SILVER, Watanobbi, Other

lol thanks .... yeah im really bad with typos and gramma .... advice very much appreciated :)

tor10jax GOLD said...
tor10jax GOLD, Livingston, New Jersey
You wrote this piece really well. You didn't repeat the same things over and over again. You used personal examples and asked rhetorical questions. The only advice I have is go back and look for typ-o's and misusage of "there" ("their"). But good job!

Keep writing!