Photographing Lightning | Teen Ink

Photographing Lightning

By MemorialMustangs GOLD, McAllen, Texas
MemorialMustangs GOLD, McAllen, Texas

Love is like a henna tattoo. It is beautiful and makes you happy to look at but in the end it fades and eventually disappears as if it never even existed. But there is the lucky few that are able to hold on to that henna tattoo. It is like bottling perfection; photographing lightning. Like in “Romeo and Juliet”, they had a beautiful love but it wasn’t permanent, it didn’t last.
Some love is transparent, only goes skin-deep, and many people believe that being physically attracted to someone is the most important thing. These people are sadly mistaken because you need to be attracted to a person on an emotional and mental level, which basically means that you need to find the person interesting on deeper levels than just on their looks. If you try to base an entire relationship on just looks, it won’t work because you need to have a deeper connection or else you will eventually get bored from not being able to truly connect with the person.

Now a days, those three little words are said too much and yet not enough. Some people are afraid to say these words out loud. So afraid that the other person may not feel the same way they do. Afraid of exposing their heart to someone because they could easily hurt them. Just like in “Sleeping Beauty And The Airplane” the guy was afraid to talk to this sleeping beauty because he thought she was too beautiful .People like this just need to take a leap of faith and not be afraid of falling because if you never leap at all, you would never know how mind-blowing it feels to be in love with the person that was made especially for you.

When you see your true love you will know it. It’s like little baby Cupid came and shot you in the heart with a love arrow. Your stomach will do little flip flops in a good way. Your heart will feel so light that if you open up your mouth, your heart will pop out. You feel nervous, happy, joyous and excited all at the same time. I’m personally a strong believer in love at first sight. I’m good at sensing if there may be a connection between someone just by looking at them.
Love can make you not sensible. It can make you not listen to your best friend in the world. It can make you not see what is clearly in front of you. Love is like liquor. It’s fine in moderation but if you have too much, your senses become impaired. You can end up hurting yourself from being drunk on love.

This is actually an essay I wrote for English class about Love, but I spent a lot of time and effort on it and it became one of my more passionate essays I have ever written. I usually can't write essays only poetry, this is the one exception.

DreamGlider said...
For only writing poetry, this is impressive. I hope you got an A on it. Romeo and Juliet's love would have lasted if they hadn't died. It's not truely love if it fades away like a henna tattoo. Your writing style is impressive. I like the metephor you use to clearify how exactly you feel about love. But when you do find that one whom you will love, it won't fade away like a henna. Trust me. It'll stay on you forever like a legitimate ink tattoo that you spent your life savings on.

HOPEMVP said...
COOL!

MemorialMustangs GOLD, McAllen, Texas
If your reading this please leave a comment or rate it It will help me improve on my writing Good and Bad critism is welcome