don't be the liar | Teen Ink

don't be the liar

By kk_cm47 GOLD, Fort Worth, Texas
kk_cm47 GOLD, Fort Worth, Texas

"Be you, because everyone else is already taken." This quote makes me realize that I'm good enough for anything or anyone. A lot of people talk about how we need to learn how to be ourselves, but this quote has a deeper meaning. At least to me, it means more than being comfortable with who you are.

Lying. One of the many things in life that is just not worth the consequences. I've learned that over the course of my life, and even now I really emphasize it in everything I do. Honesty plays a huge role in your life. I mean would you rather lie about everything and be, basically, living a lie, or would you rather be one-hundred percent honest about everything? I mean one day, you'll find the one person that you are destined to be with, but what if they start acting weird? They start going out a lot, coming home late, hiding their phone a lot, and you find yourself in a place of heartbreak. They cheat on you, and you can't believe it. I mean after everything you've been through together, and this? This is what you get in return? It's not fair to you, so why do you think it's fair to anyone else in the world you lie to? I only say this now, because I have finally come to realize that lying, no matter what it's about, is never worth it in the end. How could you wake up every morning knowing that you lied about your grades, or that you lied to your friend about turning them into the principal? I have learned it's best to be honest. Some say it's the scaredy-cat's way out, that we are afraid of the consequences. While that may be true, I think I'd rather have friends and people to go to, and not have all of them turn on me because they find out about all the lies I've told them.