Time: The Film That Reminds Us To Value Something We Can Never Get More Of | Teen Ink

Time: The Film That Reminds Us To Value Something We Can Never Get More Of

The Viddsee Film, Time, directed by Daniel Yam teaches us that we shouldn’t take time for granted nor be in a hurry to become an adult. This film, released in May 2017, teaches us a lesson we often take for granted. A lot of the time, we’re in such a hurry to grow up, that we’re not enjoying our childhood. 

Grace is a young mother who wishes her son, Sean, would grow up fast just like she did. But then her grandmother reminds her to cherish every moment she has with her son and reminds her of how much she held on to her when she was just a little girl. 

At the beginning of the film, as Grace wakes up her son Sean, he demands that she carry him. As they are walking to school, Sean demands his mother to do the exact same thing. That night, while he goes to bed, he demands a bedtime story. Grace wishes that her son would grow up and have a fast childhood like she did. But then, her mother reminded her of her childhood and how she never let go of her, and that she shouldn’t do the same thing with Sean. The flashback is really breath-taking, it reminds us of how much fun we had when we were little and how we were free. She learned that we should value our childhood because one day we’ll be grown adults with responsibilities. 

I think that the film teaches us the most important lesson that we often take for granted. We are in such a hurry to grow up that we forget to value our childhood. When Grace’s mother reminds her of her childhood, she forgot what it was like to be free and have her own independence. 

Yam was successful with his purpose because the music throughout the entire film reminds us of when we were younger and we had a relaxing and enjoyable childhood.

I am a senior at the East-West School Of International Studies