Reflection. 1 | Teen Ink

Reflection. 1

By Alex-Daeling BRONZE, Lapeer, Michigan
Alex-Daeling BRONZE, Lapeer, Michigan

You know I've been seeing these posts from people trying to recreate the way life looked when we were young and i think the assumption is that life changed and we became more aware but I don't think that's true. Recently I've been working on myself a lot and I've noticed as I'be gotten better and more caring towards the world the world has regained it's bright beauty. Grass is greener, the sun shines brighter, the music I listen to has its beat. I feel alive again. It feels like I've been living trying to hate the world for the way it treats itself instead of loving the experience and showing the world it can be different. I've also been thinking about the idea of revenge and pain a lot and how revenge doesn't do anyone any good. At most it'll give the victim some satisfaction but it doesn't last and it just puts more pain into the world. Forgiving someone for hurting you doesn't mean you need to accept them back into your life or even mean that you have to like them. They hurt you and that was wrong but why is it right to hurt them? There have been a few people who have hurt me quite a lot in my life and even though I still have those feelings of pain I understand that it wouldn't make sense to wish them that same pain I see as being bad. I hope those people are doing well and I hope they have grown and become better people for their sake. Life is so beautiful when you let go of pain and take in life.