Traffic Congestion | Teen Ink

Traffic Congestion

By Viz BRONZE, Lahore, Other
Viz BRONZE, Lahore, Other

Traffic rules are imposed on people by their government not to earn money but in order to protect the people. Regulation of Traffic is needed for proper road safety. Traffic signals help with the smooth movement of automobiles. Breaking of these rules can result in damage to an Individuals property or in a worse scenario the loss of a human life.

Not many people willingly follow these set rules and thus can cause the flow of traffic to slow down or result in the blockage of roads due to their own impatience and incompetence.

The resulting road blockage causes the accumulation of many vehicles in one area which in turn is very harmful to the environment as they not only cause air and noise pollution moreover the outcome of this is that more fuel and time is wasted for many people.

Smog is a byproduct of this which causes Cancer as well other neurological and respiratory disorders in humans. Furthermore it also weakens the immune system of animals making them susceptible to diseases.

There are also various reasons behind the increase of traffic congestion particularly in Pakistan is primarily due to road construction which have an effect on traffic functionality causes major road blockage.

A crucial reason behind traffic obstruction is due to the fact that they are as many cars as people now in mostly every household in the world.

Other reasons may also include manual traffic control this is done because in some parts of the city’s traffic signals are turned off so the police department manually controls the traffic, they often get confused which leads to many errors and it becomes even worse when evening time comes which is peak rush hour which then results in the situation become even more confusing. What makes the situation even worse is that most drivers lack road knowledge e.g. overtaking, speeding, jumping lanes as well as various factors which contribute to very serious and dangerous road accidents

The blockage also hinders in the development of new infrastructure i.e. new forms of transport or roads.

A study conducted by an NED research team calculated the traffic volumes in Karachi during peak hours to be 3500 vehicles per hour, even though the road capacity can only handle 3400 vehicles per hour on the road.

There is no easy fix to traffic congestion but there are ways to help manage it properly and reduce its effects on the environment. These include enforcing existing road traffic laws, improving upon traffic light management, Using CCTV cameras to monitor traffic efficiently. Public transport should be promoted in the area where traffic is at its peak as well as the image of public transport being improved in the eyes of the citizens living in the region. Furthermore Orange train Lahore can help citizens get to their require places efficiently and without any sort of delay.

Piece is inspired by the amount of traffic occurring not only in my country but everywhere in the world. This short article is to help spread awareness of the dangers of traffic congestion and the ill effects that it can produce such as smog which in turn can cause life threating diseases/illnesses to people who we love and care for deeply.