Climate Change | Teen Ink

Climate Change

November 18, 2022
By Anonymous

Climate change is something that’s a concern to all of us because it’s putting our lifes at risk. Animals are important to us because of them we survive, but unfortunately they’re dying due to temperatures increasing for the animals that live in The Arctic. For the animals that live in the desert animals are starting to die because the temperature is starting to decrease. This should be a concern for everyone because ever since the Industrial Revolution, the climate temperature has started to increase. According to the law being put in place, all greenhouse gasses/emissions will be cut off by the year 2050. In my opinion, why wait so long if this has been happening for hundreds or thousands and thousands of years? When companies/governments cut off all emissions the Earth will take years and years to get back to temperatures like it was before and who knows what could happen by then. Climate change is also due to companies cutting down trees for construction, meanwhile trees keep the air clean. The more trees people cut down to make money, the more the air gets polluted. We are the ones who are destroying the world little by little and we don’t notice it until it’s too late. Something else I’m aware of is there are solutions and ways to deal with climate change. Some of these solutions are using solar panels to be able to convert solar energy into electricity. This helps reduce the amount of carbon dioxide and will lower energy bills. Many people decide to save gas by walking short distances, reduce the amount of hot water they use, turn down heaters as much as possible, reduce waste and some people decide to change their diet to save animals. What I recommended for my family to do when we have a chance is to put solar panels in our home, and try to reduce the amount of light we use. Turn off the water whenever we wash our hands or when we brush our teeth and I recommend you to do the same. You will feel so much better afterwards and you won’t feel guilt for doing so. Something I struggle with is trying to keep a light on for one of my siblings. I always keep a heater plugged in all night because winter is coming and keep my phone or airpods plugged in all night. This is something I need to change because it’s only increasing the light bill. Recycling is also important because it prevents reusable plastic from going to waste and less trash to be burned. Also, it will reduce landfills which let out toxic fumes people breathe who work around those areas.  Fossil fuels should be kept underground where it doesn’t harm any animals and prevent global warming. The Center for International Environmental Law, CEIL,  tries to protect people and communities from preventing others from cutting down trees around that area and I think it’s a good idea.  At least we have groups and activists that care about our environment and wouldn’t want anything to happen to the animals, especially to the endangered animals. I hope I have  changed your mind after reading. Next time you mess with your thermostat, reduce waste, recycle more, think about how you’re helping improve our environment. 


Fun Facts: we are causing climate change which is leading to global warming

                  The ocean is absorbing most of heat which is harming aquatic animals

                  We are losing 1.2 trillion tons of ice every year but we don’t see it

                   The last ten years was the hottest in 125,000 years 


The author's comments:

I'm a student in San Antonio and this has been a concern of mine for several years.