Why is Blue My Favorite Color? | Teen Ink

Why is Blue My Favorite Color?

By buchera BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
buchera BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin

The color blue. It makes up two of the most amazing things that this planet has to offer. The way the waves caress the shore. The different shades of blue. The bright, baby blue, the almost turquoise looking blue, then, there's the dark, almost black.The soapy look in the salty ocean that our god created. All of the beautiful creatures that pierce through the water, living and surviving. The peaceful noise that the water makes when it crashes into each other. It’s like a dream… it’s what heaven would be like. 

The sky. The bright, baby blue slowly transitions into a dark, gloomy blue-gray. The moon sits over us and watches us from above. Millions and millions of tiny stars, so tiny all it leaves is a shimmer in the night sky. 

As the moon goes down, and the sun comes up, it's another day filled with different shades of blue. The birds soaring across the sky and through the clouds, examining its prey. The bright blue sky on a sunny day releases an endless amount of serotonin. It is a beautiful thing. A thing that us humans get to experience daily. 

The ocean and the sky. The two things that are the most beautiful… but also the most frightening. Filled with surprises. Not knowing what it could do to our planet. But, that’s why it's amazing. Something so beautiful can change in just a second. No one thinks like that though. Everyone observes. Compliments its features. Taking pictures. Sharing their experiences with the rest of the world. 

The ocean and the sky. That’s why blue is my favorite color.