I do like Lady Gaga: A response to I don't like Lady Gaga | Teen Ink

I do like Lady Gaga: A response to I don't like Lady Gaga

By LizzyW. BRONZE, San Jose, California
LizzyW. BRONZE, San Jose, California

"Think it, do it, write it."

Some people love her to death, while others think her wild outfits and inappropriate song content is corrupting the world. How can one person cause so much controversy? I have to admit, I am an avid Lady Gaga fan. I would consider myself to be a “little monster” in all circumstances; however, I will still try to write a non-biased opinion of her position in the music industry.

Lady Gaga's unbelievable singing talent and amazing stage presence aside, she is a smart woman. She knows what gets people talking. Her crazy meat dress (September, 2010) received so much attention that people still talk about it today! In my opinion, this is not the type of stuff which causes her to have millions of screaming fans at all of her concerts. Her meat dress, for example, wasn't just to pull attention towards her and make some sales. The entire purpose around it was to raise awareness towards the don't as don't tell policy, which is something she was very against. In her Ellen DeGeneres interview her explanation for the meat dress was that “if you don't stand up for what you believe in, if you don't fight for your rights, pretty soon we are going to have as much rights as the meat on our bones.” Lady Gaga was in fact, voicing her opinion and standing up for what she believes in by wearing her meat dress. So if you believe that by standing up for what you believe in is manipulating people, then aren't you doing the exact same thing by complaining about Gaga?

When you said-- “the state of the nation’s youth has degenerated so much that we need a woman in a mask and sparkling breasts to tell us that we’re all okay. Okay to be different, okay to be loved, the whole package. Because then we really aren’t, are we?” I didn't completely understand. You are saying that Lady Gaga, the woman who has sold over fourteen million copies of The Fame and has a sold out Monster Ball tour, is saying that because everyone else doesn't have sparkling breasts and masks, that they aren't okay? Gaga has said it herself many times-” I am the least judgmental person you will ever meet”. Does this not mean anything? Does it not matter that she cries when she is on stage out of love for her fans? She is one of the most real and emotional performers I have ever seen.

Finally, I must say that Lady Gaga is a little more complex then you may think. Contrary to your belief that she is just some bippity boppity pop star who wears weird clothes and sings songs about sex and drugs, she is an intelligent and talented woman. I may have said this before, but she graduated from NYU's Tisch School of Arts. Not every attention hog with freaky hair can make it into that school.

Lady Gaga is more than the average pop star. She is a strong woman who shares her opinions openly. She is someone I think many people should look up to. In response to your article: I don't like Lady Gaga: here is the only thing I have to say-
I am a little monster and I'm proud of it.

I wrote this in 30 minutes after I read "I don't like Lady Gaga" so please excuse any grammatical errors.

WiseChild GOLD said...
WiseChild GOLD, Kampala, North Carolina

i can do all things through Christ who strengthens me

you are very mistaken like all her other fans. it's not that Laddy GAga is smart and talented and cool, it's just that she knows that everyone else is stupid and cannot think for  themsleves. therefore if she clais to be supporting human rights and being yourself etc...the unknowing public will trot after her even if its to their deaths. this is a fact, lady gaga is right when she says its ok to be different, but the decisions she has made and the person she represents is proof that she is insecure and lacks any anchor in he rlife. her goals? making mnoney and being loved. but it wont get her anywhere. it never gets anyone anywhere. maybe she will find out befor eits too late what being an indivicual and standing for rights really is. and what life is about. and what she is here for.

sarah said...
I think this article takes the points that betterhappyending made and proves them wrong! nice

Mary said...
I totally agree with you! Lady Gaga is an amazing performer and she is not afraid of what other people think of her. She isn't afraid to express her opinions and she's not afraid to stand up for what she believes in, and I admire her for that. Lady Gaga is an amazing person and an talented singer and the fact that she is different from most other singers is what makes her so amazing. :)

ErikaM said...
I completely agree with you!  Lady Gaga is not only a dedicated performer, but also an intellegent and unique person.  She cares so much about her fans, and is never afraid to be herself.  With so much controversy lately, I'm glad somebody has finally brought foward "the other side of Lady Gaga" that might not always be expressed through her music.

annaw123 said...
wow this is a nice response to "I dont like Lady Gaga"its good to hear both sides