Blake Lively | Teen Ink

Blake Lively

By princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York
princeofsparx DIAMOND, Manhattan, New York

Those who reach for the stars should never forget the flowers that bloom at their feet.

Blake Lively is the true face of American beauty; the iconic bombshell with a timeless face and charming personality. First noticed on the hit film, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Blake has branched out into television as well, most noted for her role on Gossip Girl. As the wealthy socialite whose beauty and sunny disposition attracts nothing short of a few catfights and guy admirers, Lively plays Serena Van Der Woodsen with both ease and spunk. Gossip Girl instantly became a hit, catapulting the cast of Gossip Girl, especially Lively into global fame. Despite her persona as the rich and bubbly Serena, Lively is quickly developing a diverse piece of work, booking films such as The Town and Green Lantern to break the mold of TV Stars in which Lively so desperately seeks to break out of. She has certainly broken out of that mold as her role in The Town received rave reviews, with most critics noting that they did not even know Lively could take on the role of an addict in her late 30s so perfectly. Since her role in The Town, Hollywood is taking notice as many directors have considered casting her in blockbusters from Batman to classics such as The Great Gatsby. Besides her film ventures, Lively has also become fashion's new it girl. From sitting front row in Paris Fashion Week with famed Editor-in-Chief of Vogue, Anna Wintour, to rubbing shoulders with top designers Michael Kors and Lorraine Schwartz, Lively is becoming the hottest commodity in town. She was named to endorse Chanel's new handbag line and even has a shoe named after her called The Blake; a gift by designer Christian Louboutin. Conquering TV, movies, and now the fashion world, Blake Lively is living the American Dream.