Hollywood: Bringing Past to Present...Please Stop | Teen Ink

Hollywood: Bringing Past to Present...Please Stop

May 5, 2010
By JamesRM173 SILVER, South El Monte, California
JamesRM173 SILVER, South El Monte, California
6 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Its not about your skill, its about the heart you show.


I use to enjoy going to the movies. Well I still do but not as much as I use to enjoy it. What happened to originality in the filming arts? Sadly, it appears that film makers have lost the will to go forth and create new and original movies. Instead, Hollywood is resorting to putting out remakes of old films who's glory has long died. But I'll admit that there are indeed some remakes worth seeing like "Clash of the Titans". But there are also some movies that should stay in the past. Movie remakes like the "Nightmare on Elm Street" and the "Friday the 13th" series should stay in the past where they were more admired by movie goers. Now remakes focus more on the blood, gore, and special effects, rather than delivering a new perspective to some old. I personally think that Hollywood is taking things too far with remakes and should start actually thinking about what new films to bring to the table, rather than open up their movie collection from the 70's and 80's.