Miley Cyrus Scandals | Teen Ink

Miley Cyrus Scandals

The recent and not so recent Miley Cyrus scandalous pictures have shown sixteen year old Disney star in some racy poses and clothing. This article, unlike many others concerning this over publicized teenage star, is not written to spew angry comments, but to merely state what has happened. Miley Cyrus is the young star of Disney’s very successful T.V show, Hannah Montana. Since the age of thirteen, Miley has been Hannah Montana and has now become one of the most successful teen stars in history. Disney stars are known as child actors, actors that are usually young teens and are actors for shows that children watch. Disney stars are supposedly squeaky clean. When Vanessa Hudgens, Gabriella in HSM, joined Disney, some nude pictures she had taken surfaced onto the Internet. This caused a great controversy for Disney since HSM was a movie made for children and preteens. From day one, Miley has seemed like the good girl, Christian, from a loving family, and of course, she was squeaky clean. Until her Vanity Fair photoshoot, showing the fifteen year old child actress wearing nothing but a blanket wrapped around her. Disney and Miley were quick to react to the public’s anger, but Miley has also stated that she isn’t sorry about her pictures and would like to do more photoshoots with Annie Leibovitz. Annie intended the pictures to be something simple and beautiful. Many would say that she did achieve this goal, since Miley looks gorgeous in the pictures. After the Vanity Fair Scandal, more pictures of Miley, this time take by herself, surfaced on Myspace. Many were pictures of Miley clad in nothing but a bra and underwear. A couple pictures that caused the most talk were ones of Miley with her “boyfriend”. In one, they were cuddling and in another, Miley was wearing only black underwear and a black bra. Not long after these pictures were called into notice, Disney responded by saying that the girl in those pictures was not Miley, but a clever look a like. Is this true? Or just damage control? After this, someone hacked into Miley’s iPhone and found a picture of her in the shower wearing a white shirt. Supposedly, this picture was sent to Nick Jonas, her ex-boyfriend. What is my take on all of this bad media? I can only say one thing, and it’s the one thing I have been saying for a long time: Miley is a 16 year old girl. She will make mistakes like every other 16 year old girl! Yes, the pictures were scandalous and inappropriate, but she’s no Britney Spears, and her pictures are not as bad as Vanessa Hudgens, who has not really been so much in the spotlight. Miley has a lot of pressure on her for a teen girl. She has millions of children looking up to her and she is expected to be perfect, but seriously? No one can be perfect. Give it a rest. Miley made mistakes. WHO DOESN’T??? I’m not saying that it was right for her to take those pictures, but I am saying that we should forgive and forget.

This has been the DisneyFan354. Stay tuned in for my next article!

on Mar. 28 2010 at 12:25 am
luv_and_peace, Waunakee, Wisconsin

"Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." 1 Corinthians 13:7

I really liked what you had to say, and I completely agree. Every 16 year old makes some mistakes, they just don't have to deal with millions of people. The fact that she has these pictures shouldn't take away from her talent either. She is very talented at both acting and singing.

The final season of Hannah Montana just ended, and I'm happy that she's moving on. She's beginning to break away from Disney and pursue a more adult career, which I think she could be very successful at.

sandraa said...
on Mar. 27 2010 at 9:23 am
yes those picture show up on the net.  if i search miley cyrus pictures of her the she took in like.. her underwear do come up

Anoma21 said...
on Mar. 26 2010 at 11:11 am
Now I'm not a big Miley fan in general but i will back her up on this. It's ludicrous that people should be expected be anything that they don't want to be. Clearly when Miley took those photos she wasn't thinking about being a role model for 8-12 year olds, she was trying to be artistic and express some beauty with a couple very tasteful photographs and there is nothing wrong with that. These crazy parents that expect Miley to be a perfect, innocent child just because their kid watches their show should think about what they would feel like if people were watching and judging their every move and there was a national crisis if they did anything even remotely "adult". I think at this point people are still going to be outraged when she starts to go clubbing and drinking when she hits 21.

AveryG13 GOLD said...
AveryG13 GOLD, Dexter, Michigan

"The best thing to do with the best things in life, is to give them up to those who have nothing."
- Ambrose Bierce

those pictures never surfaced the internet. or if they did, when u google miley, they don't come up and the "scandal" was never reported in any entertainment show or magazine....

Okay, at the beginning of your article you stated that you would merely provide information and "state what has happened" and then towards the end you went off into your opinion...

Sandraaaa GOLD said...
Sandraaaa GOLD, Fontana, California
why yes, yes i am

aren't you?

lvrgrl300<3 said...
are you obsessed with miley cyrus or something?

eMiLyP GOLD said...
eMiLyP GOLD, Jeannette, Pennsylvania

Life is short; speak your mind, say what ya wanna say, and do what ya wanna do (as long as you don't get caught!).

I think this was a great article and you are completely right about her.

Sparrow31 said...
i thought this was a very good article. it was accurate, well written and extremely fun to read.... I loved reading about all you had to say about the subject! FANTASTIC!

Danielle.K SILVER, DeWitt, Michigan
This is a very good article. I agree with alot of the points made. People are often to judgmental on celebrities.

ssoey101 BRONZE, Bronx, New York
strong artice very interestin it is suprising no body commented yet!