Kanye West Is Unpredictable | Teen Ink

Kanye West Is Unpredictable

Kanye West is well known around the world for his music. He is one of the most influential rappers of all time with many albums and well known songs. His new album, Donda 2, is coming out soon but he is known for delaying the release date for his albums by long periods of time. But Kanye did drop his new album a different way then most. He created the Stemplayer, a device that allows you to pick between four modes when listening to his album. The Stemplayer allows you to take out or only listen to things like the lyrics, melody, bass, etc. This idea was ingenious. The Stemplayer sold out, people were buying this device just to listen to Kanye’s new album. Although his album will be released on streaming platforms soon, nobody knows when. With problems happening in Kanye’s personal life with Pete Davidson and Kim Kardashian, personally I don’t think it will be anytime soon. Although he did hold a listening party in Miami for the album, it is pretty unclear when he will release it on streaming platforms. With his known trend of delaying albums by months or even years, there is always speculation on when a new album of his will be released. This idea is quite a smart marketing tactic. It makes more people eager to listen to his music, the anticipation rises with every day his album “delayed”. As said before, the Stemplayer plays into this tactic. The only way to actually listen to his album legitimately is to buy the player. Kanye also did this with his currently newest album Donda, which he delayed for over a year. The current speculation is that the album will drop March 25, 2022, but it sounds very unlikely. He has been known to delete full albums before their initial release, but it is highly unlikely that he will delete the album, it will probably be delayed even more. Who knows when it will be released, only him.