Puff Of Death | Teen Ink

Puff Of Death

September 10, 2013
By 9spaceking PLATINUM, Chantily, Virginia
9spaceking PLATINUM, Chantily, Virginia
25 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger, comedy is when you fall into a sewer hole and die."


Millions of people have died of lung cancer because of smoking. It was a dreadful scene. Those families were crestfallen, because they had went bankrupt because of the great expensive of treating the sick at the hospital but now it was disastrous, as their sons and daughters were dying. Cigarette smoking should be banned, because its hazardous for peoples health, and it is also very expensive.

First of all, cigarettes contain more than four thousand dangerous chemicals in it, and 69 are known to cause cancer! First-hand smokers get yellow teeth, skin, and fingernails from smoking too much. They are also known to get headaches, lung cancer and bad breath much more easily than normal people do. Furthermore, they get heart attacks, their kidney become unable to function, they other diseases, nausea and uneasiness. Smoking adds a terrible chemical called Dopamine into people´s brains that make them more addicted to smoking--so people should quit early before the situation grows too bad; or just not smoke entirely!

Even worse, smokers occasionally are outside smoking, making the people beside him or her breathe in smoke too, and they are known as second-hand smokers. When second-hand smokers breathe in first-hand smokers smoke, they also get badly harmed by it and get the effects that first-handers get, if only a lighter effect.

In addition to the harm of cigarette smoking, People have to check every few months to make sure that their body is healthy, and if they aren´t, then they have to spend huge amounts of wasted money. People should really spend their money on something else better than smoking. Already, a few years ago, partial places in the USA have been banned of smoke. The government should continue its command of banning smoke.

Overall, I think that the world would be a much better place without cigarettes. I suggest the government to take action immediately and stop that puff of smoke from coming out of a persons mouth! Everyone will be smoke-sick-free from the banning of smoke!


The author's comments:
I had edited this for a few errors, then re-uploaded this.