True Life. | Teen Ink

True Life.

September 29, 2009
By Chrissy102 SILVER, San Diego, California
Chrissy102 SILVER, San Diego, California
8 articles 0 photos 2 comments

As I was reading a book all about how some guy gave up his life, money, and everything he ever knew to help kids have a better life. I got to the part where he was helping a teenage girl fight drugs. Then suddenly my brain, this book and my heart clicked. I had a crazy idea. I want to create a program to help kids get a successful life. Every day I'm offered drugs. I hear students younger than me talk about sex, and drugs. I've realized teachers have stopped teaching us what life is really about. They teach everything that's in a book. You can't have real raw life experience if you aren't learning what you really need to know when you step out onto the street. I'm sick of learning these strange and unrealistic stories you get in a book that's thrown onto you desk. What is really going on in this world? Luckily I don't give into peer pressure and can say no very easy and quick, but unfortunately kids out there aren't they give in and give up. Half of what they do is well what would my ma or pops think about what I'm doing? Would they beat me or eve care? That's the first thing I think about when I'm slowly being placed in a small box with a decision good or bad? Now, parents are even worse then some of the kids at my school. If your parents would probably be doing what you should be avoiding then you wouldn't care about the decision. There has to be a way to help those kids,who don't care. I want to walk into a classroom excited to learn things i can actually use in life. I have found a way, and will not give up. There is hope, just keep looking.