Unslut Project | Teen Ink

Unslut Project

By Iamransomed BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina
Iamransomed BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina

Now faith, in the sense in which I am here using the word, is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted, in spite of your changing moods.

C.S Lewis

I have recently started reading the Unslut Project on Wattpad. And it has me thinking of how I view my classmates.

I am a christian so naturally I do not believe in premarital sex. I often without knowing it judge people especially girls in my class. Hearing Emily Lindin talk about her experiences has inspired me because nobody deserves to be belittled or bullied because of their choices.

After acknowledging that I was wrong I realized Jesus had a similar situation go on in John 8:1-11. The Pharisees were the religious people of the time. They hated Jesus because he taught love which took their power away and made what they "worked" so hard to get meaningless. They wanted to trip him up because they knew he knew the Bible they brought him a woman caught in adultery. In the Old Testament if a woman was caught in adultery she was to be stoned. They asked Jesus what should happen to this women. At this point in the story I imagine the older men sneering in their head at this woman thinking basically that she is a bad person. She was thrown on the ground in front of Jesus and the crowd that was surrounding him.

Jesus looked at this woman and then looked at the men with stones already in their hands. He said he who has not sinned throw the first stone. One by one each man dropped his stone and left. When every Pharisee was gone. Jesus looked at this women with love and said where are your accusers. She looked around. Jesus turned towards her and said get up and sin no more. This was not the first time Jesus had spoken to a women like that not shaming her but making her feel loved.

Unslut Project has not compromised my beliefs. I still do not believe in premarital sex. But it has changed how I view people. All my life I had heard love the sinner hate the sin. I never truly knew what it meant. I have learned though. Any christian who would like to criticize me I would say this Jesus loves and last time I checked HATE does not spell LOVE.

This piece inspired me because I watched the video Emily Lindin put with it and made me see that my actions and words cause emotions.