Religious Hatred | Teen Ink

Religious Hatred

By T_M_66 SILVER, Anderson, California
T_M_66 SILVER, Anderson, California

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

People say we live in a free country yet people are still hated on by others because of their religious beliefs. I think a country isn't free unless everyone can believe what they want to and not be hated on. I have heard people call people 'Jew' to be taken as an insult but I never took it as anything more than a belief. I myself have friends that are catholic and satanic and never even cared. I myself am a christian and believe that people shouldn't care about what others believe and should only be judged on who they really are. I have heard things that aren't true said about my religion but knew they weren't real. I do believe our country will never be free if people are still making fun of others because of their religion. People say that all Muslims are bad, people also used to say that all Jews were evil and should be put to death. This is evil and cruel and should be stopped or illegal. People have been killed in the right of their own religious beliefs and this is scary to think that one day, I might die in the state of my religious beliefs. In my mind, being in a country where people have been shot, murdered, and strangled in the name of their beliefs. Together, we can put an end to this discrimination and let our children live in a world when anyone can believe what they want to believe and be friends with anyone they want.

Paradise_Lost BRONZE, Mountville, Pennsylvania

But paradise is locked and bolted; we must make a journey around the world to see if the back door has, perhaps, been left open.

Swearing is the last refuge of the imaginitively bankrupt.

I like it! I'm atheist and I don't flaunt it. Yet, somehow I'm wrong? The country needs to do something eventually!

T_M_66 SILVER said...
T_M_66 SILVER, Anderson, California

thank you very much

T.R.Trevino BRONZE, San Diego, California

'I cannot, nor will, recant anything, for it is neither safe nor wise to go against conscience.' -Martin Luther

Well said.