Karma Doesn't Like Discrimination | Teen Ink

Karma Doesn't Like Discrimination

June 25, 2010
By InkDance PLATINUM, Sylvania, Ohio
InkDance PLATINUM, Sylvania, Ohio
31 articles 0 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
The only difference between highschoolers and preschoolers is that preschoolers get naptime.


Why are humans always in each others' business?

I mean, really, you might think it's a big deal if a man loves a man, but does that mean that you have to follow him down the street shouting slurs at him? What's the frickin' point? He's not gonna change who he is just because some idiot calls him a fag. Hell, he might be proud of it.

Discrimination in general is sickening to see. Sometimes there's no point at all to it- does it really matter what color their skin is?- and sometimes there is (okay, if he's a serial rapist, I can see where you're coming from. Still doesn't give you the right to kill him). I really don't care if you're anti-gay or not. I doubt the BGLT people do, either. Or the rest of the world, if we're keeping on this trend. People were given free will by God and by God they're going to use it in a billion and two wrong ways before they die. Bottom line? Back off before you look like an idiot or go to jail or something.

And what about the people who really can't help (or pretend) to be someone they're not? I've got a sister with Down Syndrome. It's not like she can help it. It's not like there's some miracle drug that can cure her. She's worked harder than most people I know and can cry like the rest of us. What is it about people with disabilities that makes people so mean? There's plenty of thieves and liars and such out there, but no, we have to pick on the defenseless disabled people because it's easier. Oh yeah, I'm so impressed.

I guess the thing I'm trying to say is that publicly humiliating or slurring or beating people because of who they are is just wrong. The only person who deserves that in that situation is the harasser, but I still wouldn't do it to them. It's. Wrong. As in, don't do it. We're kind of past the Dark Ages by now. Wake up, smell the coffee, and please stop making our world an uglier place.

Because, you know, karma's always watching...