The Homeless | Teen Ink

The Homeless

By Fires SILVER, Eagle Pass, Texas
Fires SILVER, Eagle Pass, Texas

Follow your heart always!

I wonder where life takes you if you don’t care about anything or anyone? I ask myself that question almost everyday. Sometimes I wonder what happens to the people that don’t have homes, jobs, families, or friends. They live on the streets looking for food in the trash and asking for money. If you live with your family I would think it would be harder because you have to find food for your kids, wife, and yourself but if you live by yourself it would be a little easier because its just you and sometimes you don’t get hungry if your so worried, mad, or sad about something. Why do people end up on the street? Is it because no one cares about them? Maybe because they have no other option and they think it would be easier than to go ask for help when they know no one will help them. Some people don’t care where they live all that mattes to them is if they have their addiction which could be drugs, alcohol, or anything they might be addicted to. I wonder do the people that live on the street so anything to help themselves and the people they love get a better life? I think they try but they have no money, work, or friends to help them so they might not get far and at the end of the day they have to give up and hope again the next day. They live their lives in hope that a miracle might help them get a better life. Is living on the street a better life for the people that don’t care about anything or anyone? If those people live in homes with neighbors they are going to hurt anything that comes in their path and they will have no remorse about what they did. They will hurt other people that haven’t done anything to them. Some people would say its better to have them live close to other people they might get better and if we put all those people away from other people they might get worse and cause more harm. So now the question is what do we do with them and whom do we listen to. Are we helping them by placing them close to other people or are we harming them? I waste my time wondering about these questions knowing I wont get an answer. I see people asking for money on the street and I want to help them but I cant help everyone who do I help? I think that people on the street are stronger people that can handle any situation because they have to work for what they want and not just ask for it. They know they did work to get it and they earned it. Some people that see them on the street think they are inferior to them because they don’t have a house, a good car, or a spouse with lots of money. They talk bad about them and some even laugh at them because they don’t have money or a house to live in. The people on the street have dignity because they gave up what they had for what they thought was right. What can we do to help them find a better life for them and their families?

Fires SILVER said...
Fires SILVER, Eagle Pass, Texas

Follow your heart always!

What do you think we should do?

This is great. It tells the truth. We need to do something about this issue in the US. Thank you for writing this!