what If? | Teen Ink

what If?

May 1, 2021
By System_Error_26 PLATINUM, Edmond, Oklahoma
System_Error_26 PLATINUM, Edmond, Oklahoma
44 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
"When we're born we cry, because we feel the pain of living for the first time."- Alice C.

"Always be yourself... Unless you can be Batman. Be Batman."- Andy Biersack

"No matter how hard you try, you can never tame a wild spirit!"- CC

"I am not a monster, I am but a man."- Ronnie Radke

"Suicide is not cowardly! I'll tell you what's cowardly... treating someone so badly that they want to take their own life!"- Ashley Purdy

"I'm an artist and I make art-arty-art-art!"- Andy Biersack

"I'm TOP 'Stressed Out' what does that mean? I'm a rap fiend with a bad lead..."- NF

"I GOT A JAR OF DIRT AND GUESS WHAT'S INSIDE IT!!!"- Johnny Depp


What if the world was full of people that DIDN’T discriminate each other?  The world would be so much easier to live in. If only there weren’t sexists, racists, and every other category of people that discriminate others. Whether it be that they are discriminating your gender, your physical features, your voice, your personality, your friends, or anything about you! It’s not right! There is a reason that when we are little, our mothers tell us “if you have nothing nice to say, don’t say anything at all.”. It’s because they knew what this life is like! They knew that we would be tested by others over and over, everyday! 

 Someone once asked me, “why are you a feminist?”, to which I responded   “i am a feminist because i shouldn’t be able to be assaulted by a classmate while my teachers and peers just sit and watch it happen.”. My best friend asked me if i was going to college and i said, “yeah! I’m trying to make it to Harvard!” when i told him this, he laughed and said, “most girls that try to go to Harvard don’t make it!” so i angrily said to him, “i am NOT most girls! I am ME!” 

What if in the future people were nice and if you were mad you would just not say anything, and people would know your mad and not to mess with you.

 That would be a risky future, because they are keeping all of that anger pinned up and eventually they would explode.

My mom thinks that just because i have a boyfriend, that i will become a teenage mother. This is a stereotype that i am tired of. Mothers tell their sons, “have fun!” and tell their daughters, “be careful!”. It's not right!