No to the SB277 | Teen Ink

No to the SB277

By Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California
Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California

"if you can be anyone just be you unless you could be Buffy Summers then be Buffy Summers"

Have you heard of the SB277 law? If you have not you should read this. If you have you should still read this.  The HB277 law is to make it were all kids who go to a public school,or a private school,day care or pres-school, or a enviorment were you have to sit at a desk being taught by teachers HAVE to get there Immunizations(SHOTS) that are required. If you do not want to get your immunizations then you have to go on homeschooling.  The SB277 is infringeing one our rights us citezens of the unites states of america. Lets stop the SB277 law  from passing. it is wrong in all way possible.  Govner Brown needs to stop this!!!!

Tamie GOLD said...
Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California

I am not aguring that vaccines are safe or not safe. This fight right now agianst the Sb277 is for parentel right. WHen I am a parent I want to be able to make choices for my kid.

Caesar123 DIAMOND, Union Grove, Wisconsin

"Madness in great ones must not unwatched go" --Claudius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet

I do agree that there are scenarios where vaccines have unintended detriments. However, I think facts show that such scenarios are few and far between. Per vaccines.com, the odds that a child will have a severe allergic reaction to an MMR or Hepatitis B vaccine is 1 in 1 million, so pretty long odds. On the other hand, I can't speak for your own situation and I suppose it's possible that those things could be symptoms of allergic reaction to vaccine, I don't know (I'm not exactly a doctor). I do know that the idea of herd immunity is that if a large portion of the population is immunized it protects those who haven't/can't get some immunizations, like babies or the elderly. And I did mis-type before: I meant in some 90+% of cases, immunization does more good than harm.

Tamie GOLD said...
Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California

Also you realize that you just said and I qoute," in some 90+% of cases, immunization does more harm than good."

Tamie GOLD said...
Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California

So, you agree that there are some scenarios were vaccines do hurt people? There are way more cases like these that you most not no of. I did not know about them until I did my research. I have A.D.D. and Bipohlar becuase my mom got vaccines when she was pregnat with me and I got my vaccines. I do not agree with forced vaccines no matter what the case is. If we give the goverment that little peace of our freedom. We are giving away our rights as people.

Oh, I don't deny that in certain scenarios vaccines in and of themselves can be dangerous. There have certainly been documented of allergic reaction to vaccines that has permanently crippled people. However most of those scenarios are very rare and few and far between. In some 90+% of cases, immunization does more harm than good. However, I don't think that forcing people to be immunized is really ethical, unless, as I said before, there seems to be a real compelling need for it.

Tamie GOLD said...
Tamie GOLD, Sonora, California

I think immunizations are dangerous and not safe with how many you have to get. They test each one by its self but they do not test them together like they are in your body. It is dangours and not safe. Plus this bill that may or may not pass is infriging on our constitoun.

While I support immunization, as I think it's been proven that it does more good than harm, I'm not sure I could get behind something like this, having essentially compulsary vaccination. Unless there's evidence that herd immunity has dropped to extremely dangerous levels or there's a very serious and aggressive outbreak of something, I think such a bill is unwarranted and dangerous.