ARE WE SHAREIN TO MUCH? | Teen Ink

ARE WE SHAREIN TO MUCH?

By marmar2000 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania
marmar2000 BRONZE, Williamsport, Pennsylvania

Do we as teens share way too much online? Take a minuet and think-- do we as teens share too much? I think yes we do share too much. Studies show that there is more bullying, Txting is bad and how GPS can be bad for you online.
Bullying online and txting is bigger then ever. I think bullying is bad all the way around and if someone is being bullied something should be done about it. No one should ever get bullied. Opponents might say that bullying online is ok because you have evidence on what that person said; you can report that person. I dissagree because no one should have to get bullied.
Did you know having a phone is school can be good. It can be good because you can do research on history and other school topics and if you are absent you can ask a friend what you had missed. Opponents may say yes phones are good for that but what if they are not talking about school what if they are bulling someone and the teacher thinks they are doing something school related teachers just dont know. Therefor phones should not be allowed in school.

Having a GPS on your phone is good to have because if you are lost, cops and your parents will be able to find you better and faster. Opponents may say “yes” GPS can be good for that reason. But think about it, you are online and posting something on Facebook it could say where you are at and therefore strangers could find you and steal things from your house or even kidnap you. So just saying you should change your privacy on your Facebook.
In conclusion, I think that we do share too much information on social networks. Here is a helpful tip, on facebook change your privacy settings to locations “off” and to where only your friends can see it. Also, you should tell your friends to change their settings too so that they are not in danger. So in other ways you can save your self by changing it.