How to Solve Problems? | Teen Ink

How to Solve Problems?

By jessi7298 BRONZE, Bogotá, Other
jessi7298 BRONZE, Bogotá, Other

In these days, there are a lot of polluting and climate problems, and some people is proposing that Cap and Trade is the unique solution that can solve these problems. With using those ideas, they are trying to reduce carbons, so it can cause less problems. However, this will not help to solve them because to reduce the carbons, we need to work on it.
Carbon is used for many useful things. For example, plants get carbon dioxide and they produce oxygen which is necessary for our Earth. In general, people say that carbon dioxide is polluting the world. However, according to some evidences, it shows that we are making pollution.
Carbon Dioxide is ten times higher than the past, and fossils are twice than before. They are all caused by some trashes that we used such as diapers, milks, and eggs. These all cause a lot of carbons, and we are using them a lot every day. Also, we are causing problems by ignoring some rules, such as dumping the trashes without recycling, or ignoring the beautiful earth resources which are causing carbons a lot.
Also, the ways of Cap and Trade didn't work well. One day, the government thought about using free permits which is cap and giveaway, and the result was unsatisfied. The prices went down and up, so they weren't stable. This resulted that the amount of carbon increased a lot. If the carbon emission went up, the owner gets a billion of profits. In addition, they used some other strategies to solve the problems, but many cheating were going on. Thus, it didn't work well.
Cap and Trade is not going to work to solve the problem of climate and pollution, because the one who is causing problem is us. It is not going to help, and it is going to increase more if we continue to do it. Before using Cap and Trade, we should start from little exercises such as recycling when you are dumping the trashes. Also, you can help to reduce carbons by reserving some earth resources that might help us. The real solutions for these problems are citizens action and strong laws. Therefore, what we should do is to be careful about our actions that might cause the problems, and make stronger laws. In that way, we can reduce some carbons.