Obama and What He's Done So Far. | Teen Ink

Obama and What He's Done So Far.

By boklenhle GOLD, North Platte, Nebraska
boklenhle GOLD, North Platte, Nebraska

Our scars tell us where we have been, but do not have to dictate where we are going.

Obama hasn't been in office his full term yet. It's been three years, and nothing has gotten better. He's lied and made nothing but, worse.
He telling the billionaire companies that we need jobs so make more jobs. But, then, he's saying, okay, you hired people and now, I'm gonna tax you more money instead of cut the budget.
So he wants the big businesses to hire people, pay them, and then he's gonna go and tax them more money, instead of cut the budget. How does that make any sense?
In three years alone, Obama has spent 36% more of America's former debt.
He first went and gave away stimulus money, to the banks, who started the whole mess in the first place.
We’re trillions of dollars in debt. In three years Obama has quadrupled the deficit with his stimulus money and other “projects”. But, back in 2008 he’d claimed to cut it in half by the end of his term.
In case you didn’t know, in a comparison of Bush’s and Obama’s spending, here’s just one: Bush was the very first president to spend three percent of GPD on antipoverty programs. Obama went ahead and increased that spending with a whooping 20 percent!
Here’s just one simple statement that if we followed, we probably wouldn’t be in the little situation: No one who has ever spent more than they earned has come out on top.
Nothing of what Obama said makes sense. Why are people still saying he’s doing a good job?
Did you know that out of every dollar America spends, 40 cents of it is borrowed. We are so bad off we borrow 40% of every dollar we spend.
Obama should not be in office. He doesn’t understand what it means to spend what you have. NOT what you borrow.

boklenhle GOLD said...
boklenhle GOLD, North Platte, Nebraska

I understand, and I have. That still doesn't change my opinion on Obama

Fluffy2772 said...
Fluffy2772, McDonough, Georgia
So you understand it's not really obamas fault then? 

boklenhle GOLD said...
boklenhle GOLD, North Platte, Nebraska

I understand that. But, even i could of guessed that they would do that. Rich people don't tend to do the right thing when they're the all powerful.

Fluffy2772 said...
Fluffy2772, McDonough, Georgia
Again, the reason they didn't work is because buisinesses took bailout money and gave themselves raises, did not hire workers back, and invested in cheap oversea labor. 

boklenhle GOLD said...
boklenhle GOLD, North Platte, Nebraska

Fluffy, that was a fail comment... I understand what you're aying. Bush, wasn't a good president either. Obama has made everything worse. I didn't say we should not spend anything. We JUST need to stop spending so much. Spending Trilllions on plans that don't get us any money back does not work.

M0429 said...
M0429, Memphis, Tennessee

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? – Epicurus

good is relative, he is certainly better that bush ever was.

honestly, i don't understand what the government is doing. they sit around big tables talking about how to fix the problem, yet nothing ever happens. They are constantly arguing and can never find a compromise. they are on tv, speaking of plans and goals that take forever to be accomplished. it just doesn't seem like they are being serious. it's very frustrating. all these arguments and "proposals." They seem to be wasting so much time. They need to sit down, quit arguing and throwing time out the window, and get working.

Fluffy2772 said...
Fluffy2772, McDonough, Georgia

Except you're wrong. Ronald Reagan, who is considered the greatest conservative president of all time, also used deficit spending. Deficit spending and giving tax breaks to large coorporations are the same thing. The money is either in wealthy hands of citizens or in social programs.

The average ceo in the US makes 10 million a year as base salary, not including any bonuses. We could go as far as taxing them 80% of their income and they will still make more than 10x than you will at a six figure salary job. Why would we slash their taxes? Do you really think that raising taxes a measly half of a percent is going to kill them? 

After the stimulas package was given to banks and several businesses, a lot of coorporations used the money to increase their own salaries instead of hiring people. Thats not Obama's fault, that is business corruption at its best.

The reason we have so much debt is because Bush started 2 wars while in office. And, the war on terror is the first war in America's history where we didn't raise taxes to help pay for it. That is why we currently have a revenue problem.

As far as saying no one who spends more than they earn comes out on top, I think that Truet Cathy, Bill Gates, and Walt Disney all prove that completely wrong. Think about it, if you were to start a resturant, you may take a $20000 loan. Over time, if your business takes off you will pay off that loan and begin to profit. You have to spend moeny to make money, you can't just sit around and say well since we are in debt lets not spend anything and see if it fixes itself.