Why Do We Write? | Teen Ink

Why Do We Write?

June 27, 2009
By Thisbe Hollis :P BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia
Thisbe Hollis :P BRONZE, Washington, District Of Columbia
2 articles 0 photos 4 comments

I just read an article about someone having an interest it being a mourtition. Later I read the article I realized how beautiful his/her's passion was for being in that field. I admit that while reading it I did think that this was a topic that might need to discussed with a shrink. But then why think that when there are so many other extreme things that people think are normal. Like pro wrestling? Who wants to be known for smashing someone's face in? Or riding a bike risking major injuries? Well that's what people think.

Why do we teeninkers or whatever we are called write? Is it becuase it's our passion? Is it because it's our escape from a crazy chaotic lives? Is it even an venting scource? And isn't writing exreme. Oh I know what you're thinking all you pro wrestlers and dirk bite riders are thinking how is writing extreme or even dangerous while you can do it in the comfort of your home?

Well all you physical extremers come into the mental side of extreme. Piecing together a work of liteture takes extreme conditions. In your mind you have the perfect thing to say and then when you write it, it becomes so messed up and confusing you get discouraged or even worse quit. Maybe when you want to publish something but it doesn't sell. Or what about when you want to have a mental break down.

Maybe you physical extremers can't understand or maybe even you writers can't understand but those of you who do understand me well then what do you think? And besides isn't everything a risk or maybe an extreme???? Of course it is!