We Need Change | Teen Ink

We Need Change

July 4, 2022
By Anonymous

Why is it that women’s bodies are being controlled by others? The only person who should be able to decide what to do with their body is the person the body belongs to. Themself. Men should not get to make an immense decision on something that doesn’t involve them. The overturning of roe v wade is detrimental to women. 

Abortions being banned will increase the number of unsafe abortions. There are various reasons why women may choose to get an abortion, that are frankly no one’s business. Whether it be for medical, personal, or other reasons the decisions should be entirely up to the woman. The decision of an abortion is already tough enough and for the women who may desperately need one either can’t or have a lot to risk. 

Women should be allowed to do whatever they want with their bodies. We are moving backwards in time. It is 2022 and women are losing rights again. Change is needed. Change has been needed. Now, many women are scared. No woman should be scared to make a decision only for herself. With abortion being banned, the chances of other crucial rights for not only women, but people of color or people apart of the lgbtq+ community are unfortunately high. This cannot be allowed. We cannot allow society to move backwards. We must advocate for change and fight for our rights. 

It is extremely unfair that the Supreme Court made such a massive decision not even hearing out the people who need the ability to have access to abortions. The option of having an abortion should be open to all women. There are a number of reasons that could lead to an abortion being a benifitcal decision such as pregnancy after rape, not able to afford a baby, health problems regarding the fetus or the woman, not a good time in the woman’s life, inference with jobs, feel like they are too young, and much more. 

Regardless of your view on abortions, you should let people do what they want with their body. It’s not affecting you and is none of your concern. Even if you don’t agree with it, you’d be hurt if your rights for something important in your life were taken away. 

Let’s make a change. Let’s get women their rights back. 


The author's comments:

Recently Roe V Wade was overturned. This decision has impacted women immensely and change is needed immediately.