Thoughts triggered by a mistake made by a famous uploader | Teen Ink

Thoughts triggered by a mistake made by a famous uploader

By PATRICK13993 SILVER, Jiangsu Suzhou Kunshan, Other
PATRICK13993 SILVER, Jiangsu Suzhou Kunshan, Other

Bilibili is one of the most famous video uploading platforms in China. Many uploaders are willing to share their videos on the website and these videos include almost everything in our daily lives. However, recently, one of the most influential uploaders in Bilibili who is famous for dancing and making up was forced out by the authority for some reason. Now I would like to explain her behaviors and state my own opinions.

First of all, we need to figure out what she did. Basically, she performed a Japanese pop dance in front of the Lushun Museum. She not only performed the Japanese pop dance but also wore the traditional Japanese clothing. Maybe you will think that people have the right to dance anywhere they want. However, one thing we need to figure out is that LvShun used to be conquered by the Japanese nearly 100 years ago and Japanese organized a massacre in LvShun, causing over 20000 deaths. LvShun museum exhibited the crime that Japanese made, including the evidence of the massacre, and the recordings of the catastrophe. Let’s now back to see what she did in LvShun museum. It’s definitely ridiculous. What is unacceptable is that she did not apologize immediately after such an incident, but took control of the situation by deleting comments which may hurt her public image. But what is unexpected is that the situation was getting harder to control, and people’s voices of doubt and opposition were getting louder and louder. She eventually deleted her Bilibili account after apologizing and stopped posting any videos on social media from then on.

Some may think it’s a pity that such a good video uploader can no longer post because of the incident. But I totally disagree with this view. First of all, there are many other video uploaders like her or those who are even better than her. It is not necessary for us to forgive a person’s irreparable wrong. Moreover, what she did was definitely not a simple accident. As a video uploader with millions of followers, videos must go through layers of check before they go online. I don’t think it’s possible that the whole team didn’t find such an obvious mistake. So, there must be a deeper story behind her such behavior. Finally, the Chinese are full of hatred for the sins committed by Japanese. Even if today’s people forgive the sins of the Japanese people, no one can forget the tens of millions of compatriots who died at the hands of the Japanese.